Neutrophil

What causes elevated liver enzymes and low white blood cell count?

Query: Hi doctor, I got a complete blood profile done about two weeks ago, and my doctor said that my reports were normal. But, my WBC and neutrophil count were low. After doing some internet searches, I am anxious. Although the doctor said it was fine, he gave me some supplements. But lately, I have bee...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Shivraj Dhamankar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From your history, I think the reason for your low WBC is stress and raised liver enzymes is because of fatty liver, which is a benign condition. Moderately low WBC coun...  Read Full »

What causes high neutrophil count during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife's hemoglobin is normal with neutrophil 75.25, low lymphocyte and low RBC. Occasionally, she gets dizzy and a bloody nose. Her mother had anemia when she was born and it was never fixed. Other than being pregnant, no problem now. Her blood report signals anemia and I think it is co...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Neutrophils have different ranges and up to 75% can be considered mild increase. Due to increased neutrophils lymphocytes appear proportionately low, when the count is being done. Neutrophils can increase in stress and pregn...  Read Full »

Should I worry about sudden drop in neutrophil and WBC count?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old woman. I have recently lost a pregnancy at 19 weeks due to membrane rupture. I had induced abortion with Misoprostol two weeks back and there is no complication since. I have had a CBC done almost every week from the starting of my pregnancy and they were all absolutely...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: The WBC count (white blood cell) varies on day-to-day and hourly basis and also depending on variable internal factors. Corticosteroids can affect WBC count, particularly neutrophils. At present, maybe due to stress, which in...  Read Full »

Why is my neutrophil number dropping?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had my blood tests done for unexplained bruising, mouth sores, muscle pain and headaches. The neutrophil number came back as low of 1.2. I looked back at my past laboratory results and the neutrophil number has been dropping as follows. First it was 3.4, then 3.2, 2.9, 2.7, 2.1...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: If the immune system were being affected, then I would like to look at the whole picture of WBC count (white blood cell) and decide. Psoriatic arthritis is a chronic disease and in chronic diseases, the lymphocytes increase. ...  Read Full »

Can DPT vaccine cause neutropenia?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 15 years. He got his DTaP vaccine two weeks ago and had CBC 20 days later. All came well except neutrophil count, which came back as 800 and total WBC 2500. We are going to repeat the test tomorrow. Can the vaccine be the cause for the neutropenia? And if so, how long will it ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: I doubt the vaccine could be the cause of neutropenia (neutrophil count less than normal). Though it can take place in some case like Influenza virus vaccine, but with DTP (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis) have not been re...  Read Full »

What can be the cause for high B12 level in a person with MTHFR mutation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have genetic mutation MTHFR. I am on thyroid for hypothyroidism. My B12 level is 1476, the normal range is between 138 to 652 pmol/L. How can I lower my B12 level? Is this level a cause for concern? All the other blood levels are normal other than WBC which is at 3.4 and neutrophils...  Read Full »

Dr. Elina Angelova Beleva

Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is essential to know the primary reason for vitamin B12 testing. Was it done due to any complaints that could be related to anemia like fatigue, malaise, or any other symptoms that could be related to thrombotic complications possibly due to the inherited MTHFR ...  Read Full »

Why does my WBC count fluctuate?

Query: Hi doctor, My WBC count keeps fluctuating. First it gone up to 83000 from 10500 last month and then it became 12900. Now again for the past few days it is high at 22200. Can you please help with this issue?  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: WBC - while blood cell count varies in response to infection, inflammation and various external or internal reactions. Bacterial infection could have increased the WBC count to 80000 with a high neutrophils count. As the coun...  Read Full »

What is your opinion regarding the neutrophils count of my son?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 15 years old. His neutrophils count became 1000 from the first one which was 800 before a week. After 15 days, again the neutrophils count is 800 now with total WBC of 2600. He is healthy, active and has no infection. Please note that his dad had a blood count this week and his...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: If the neutrophils counts are varying, it means there is no vaccine-induced or any nutritional or genetic defect. As the other entire cell values including RBC and platelets are normal, these values must be normal for him. He...  Read Full »

Neutrophil count has dropped. Could this be a relapse of leukemia?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband had AML nine years ago and was discharged in remission. He is now on a once-a-year review with the oncologist. Yesterday, he went for his checkup and discovered that the neutrophils have dropped. Below please find his readings: WBC 4.07, RBC 4.96, hemoglobin 15.0, platelets 1...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your total WBC (white blood cell) count is within the limit and only neutrophils dropped down slightly. There are many causes for dropping in neutrophils count and infection like certain viral infections can sometimes lead to bone marrow suppression of neutrophils se...  Read Full »

In what conditions can the neutrophil count be at an absolute low?

Query: Hello doctor, What does it mean when neutrophils are at an absolute low (1.3)?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Sardar Narayankar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An absolute low count of neutrophils, which are the body's immune cells can occur post-infection mostly viral, as well as in bone marrow diseases and post-chemotherapy. For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask...  Read Full »