My son is 9 months old and weighs about 8.5 kg. He has reached all his milestones in time. But the problem is he does not sleep well at night, maximum at a stretch it is only one hour. He keeps walking up and only a bottle can soothe him. During the day he is active but nights are really tough. He does not wake up completely but will be crying in his sleep itself and can soothe only with a bottle. Please suggest something with regard to this.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Do not worry. It is a common problem among children aged between 6months to 2 years. Baby is asking for the bottle because it pacifies him. So to put him to sleep follow these steps.
1. Wake him up at morning 7 AM.
2. Do not allow the baby to take more than two naps per day. Each nap should be less than two hours.
3. Avoid all screens and gadgets. Screen time should be less than half an hour.
4. Give him a warm bath at night before going to bed.
5. Rocking motion that is cradle helps to make baby sleep better. Put him in the cradle.
6. Usually, babies wake up at night due to short sleep. You can make routine by putting him to sleep without picking him up. You can give the bottle once or twice during nights.
7. Engage the baby in physical activities in the morning like making baby crawl or creep.
8. Light should be dim at night and you have to make him see early morning sunlight because it resets clock in the body.
9. First try all this. If it does not help then I will prescribe a hormone.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. your concern. According to your statement, your baby cries easily, becomes angry easily, and exhibits extreme emotions due to a suspect of fall from the bed. Young children who cannot talk will show things going wrong by doing actions. They act fu... Read fullWhy is 38 days old baby always crying and having poor sleep ?
.. worry. This is your first baby that is why this query. During the first six months, children sleep during the day and stay awake at night. Also, children seek attention during these months. There is no medication for this. You have to hold the chi... Read fullWhat is the cause and the treatment for vomiting and loose motion in an 3.4 year old kid?
Please take my advice very seriously and if you bottlefeed your child anything like milk, juice or water you must stop bottle feeding and instead, feed on a cup with a spoon or without a spoon ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Paediatrician Now