Q. How does Nicotex chewing gum help quit smoking?

Dr. Sandhya
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

How does Nicotex chewing gum help in quitting smoking?

#

• Nicotex chewing gums are often resorted to, these days, as a means to quit smoking. Nicotex chewing gums too contains a certain amount of nicotine just like cigarettes, but a level slightly less than them. Cigarettes contain around 4000 different chemical components including tobacco, tar, DDT, formaldehyde, and nicotine. But, nicotine gums too are not far from causing a number of side effects.
  • Nicotex is a form of hard gum and seemingly cuts down the urge to smoke by consuming the time we spend on cigarette smoking into gum chewing. But, the number of times a person indulges in chewing is far more than cigarette smoking, hence causing a form of addiction and subsequent side effects. It also has known to cause overdosing and dependency. Hence, I would not recommend Nicotex as an alternative to smoking.
  • Keeping a strong mind, using pure water or tea at the time of urge, engaging yourself in physical activities, and slowly cutting down the number of cigarettes you smoke each day, eventually would help fight the urge.
  • Nowadays, there are vapor cigarettes available which seem to have quite a good review with no side effects reported, as of now.

Wishing you a good health.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|