Q. How does Nicotex chewing gum help quit smoking?

Dr. Sandhya
Published on Sep 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

How does Nicotex chewing gum help in quitting smoking?

Dr. Sandhya

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

• Nicotex chewing gums are often resorted to, these days, as a means to quit smoking. Nicotex chewing gums too contains a certain amount of nicotine just like cigarettes, but a level slightly less than them. Cigarettes contain around 4000 different chemical components including tobacco, tar, DDT, formaldehyde, and nicotine. But, nicotine gums too are not far from causing a number of side effects.
  • Nicotex is a form of hard gum and seemingly cuts down the urge to smoke by consuming the time we spend on cigarette smoking into gum chewing. But, the number of times a person indulges in chewing is far more than cigarette smoking, hence causing a form of addiction and subsequent side effects. It also has known to cause overdosing and dependency. Hence, I would not recommend Nicotex as an alternative to smoking.
  • Keeping a strong mind, using pure water or tea at the time of urge, engaging yourself in physical activities, and slowly cutting down the number of cigarettes you smoke each day, eventually would help fight the urge.
  • Nowadays, there are vapor cigarettes available which seem to have quite a good review with no side effects reported, as of now.

Wishing you a good health.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

What is the treatment for chronic sinus infection due to weather?

Query: Hello doctor, I have chronic sinus infection because of it I will face problem whole winter. What treatment should I take to get relief from cold in these winter months? Shall I make a choice for vaccination?  Read Full »

Drug Addiction: Why Does It Occur and What Can We Do About It?

Article Overview: This article discusses the pathological basis of addiction and evidence-based treatment approaches. Read Article

Drug dependence is on the rise and is viewed as the new age epidemic. Drug Dependence, a Disorder of the Brain Circuitry: A host of brain areas (multiple brain circuits) are involved in the genesis of addiction. But, the nucleus accumbens is the most often studied target. This brain structure is i...  Read Article

Are acidity and constipation the withdrawal symptoms of quitting smoking?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 year old male and had been smoking for the last 10 years. I smoke four to five cigarettes a day. I stopped it completely for the last 36 days. Now, I am suffering with severe acidity and constipation. I am taking Sompraz 40 in the morning for the last 10 days, but no great impr...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now