Nicotine Withdrawal

After quitting smoking, will blood viscosity reverse back to normal?

Query: Hello doctor, It has been seven days since I have smoked a cigarette (quit cold turkey). How long will it take after quitting smoking, for the blood to be free from nicotine? Is blood viscosity reversible by simply cutting down nicotine?  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at the query, my opinion is as follows: The effect of nicotine is dependent upon the amount and years of cigarettes smoked and can vary from two days to two months. On an average, usually within a month of withdrawal of nicotine, the blood viscosity starts redu...  Read Full »

What should I do to quit the habit of smoking?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to quit smoking. What should I do to quit the habit of smoking? Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The decision taken is a great thing in smoking cessation. You may list the situation when you are tempted for smoking. Keep chewing gum with you. Whenever you feel to smoke, use chewing gum. You may also divert your mind by having coffee, tea, fruit juices, etc. In ma...  Read Full »

Please suggest the best option to quit smoking.

Query: Hi doctor, Among Nicotine gum, Bupron and Varenicline, which is better for quit smoking? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All three have different indications. Still Varenicline is best to control smoking. They are known to reduce craving. Bupropion is preferred, if associated depressive symptoms present. Nicotine gum or patch preferred, if person is not able to control desire by above th...  Read Full »

Will Nicotex chewing gum help me quit smoking?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male and a regular smoker. I do smoke 10-15 cigarettes a day and have been smoking like this for almost 10 years now. When I started, I used different brands, from ultra mild to regular bidis. But now, for almost 3 years I am stuck with regular gold flake.Now, I am ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have been a chronic smoker since last 10 years smoking 10-15 cigarettes per day, the body is presently addicted to nicotine and hence if you intend to leave it for a day, the nicotine withdrawal sets in. This may include: Headache. Nausea. Constipation or...  Read Full »

Can my stomach upset mean some underlying issues like cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, Ten days back I had green chilies and sprout. While coming back from office I felt discomfort around belly button then coming back from office I had buttermilk and after that fried rice and basa fish. After that loose motion started for five to six times at night and there was mild pa...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you mentioned, you have gastroenteritis. The medications prescribed are suitable. I suggest that you take Nicotine replacement therapy as Nicotine withdrawal may cause restlessness, anxiety and sleeping disorders. It is less likely to be due to cancer. At the...  Read Full »