Q. Can you give me medical advise about the effects of vaping?

Dr. Muhammad Majid Hanif

I am worried about the effects of vaping.

#

I have reviewed your query and can understand how worried you are about your health. I understand you want an expert suggestion on vaping and how it affects our health.

It looks like you are using e-cigarettes that may be a closed system which means they use their own refill systems. If you never smoked regular tobacco products or e-cigarettes, I would recommend never start vaping e-cig. It is not for beginners of any age, pregnant women, youth and young adults. If there is nicotine too, it is almost the same as the conventional tobacco cigarettes.

The chemicals that help in making vapors (in the aerosol) are also not good for lungs. Diacetyl is a flavoring agent used in e-cig that is a culprit now known as a cause of lots of lung diseases. Cancer-causing chemicals are also found in the aerosol that is inhaled deep in lungs. Volatile organic compounds are lethal to the human body and can cause lung diseases and other bodily issues. Nickel, tin, and lead are frequently found in the inhaled aerosol. These are heavy metals known to be hazardous to our body.

US center for disease control and prevention states clearly that many e-vaping liquid containers print that there is zero nicotine in them but they actually contain nicotine. Otherwise, the users would not use their products. It is a dangerous situation. Battery system explosion while charging the e-cig systems is not a rare phenomenon and a large number of cases have been reported. Using e-cig system at high voltage produces dangerous chemicals that sit deep in our lungs and can be harmful. If you were a regular smoker (conventional cigarette smoker) and are trying to quit smoking and have chosen e-cig as an alternative by yourself, I would suggest you consult a local physician about it instead. There are better options available. Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask more if you need further assistance. I would be happy to help.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|