Q. How to recover fast from NAFLD?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 30 years old. I have been suffering from NAFLD for the past five months. Now, I am having RUQ heaviness, back pain, flatulence and tiredness for the last two months. I had several tests and I am giving the details with the findings. USG of whole abdomen - hepatomegaly with fatty liver, fibroscan - 3.2 kPa median value, upper GI endoscopy - GERD grade A and small hiatus hernia, hepatitis B non-reactive, hepatitis C non-reactive, FBS - 94 mg/100 mL, lipid profile - completely normal, liver function test - indirect bilirubin elevated 1.3 mg/100 mL and the others are normal. My doctor advised me to avoid oily and spicy food. Also, he prescribed a medicine named Sompraz D 40. I lost 9 kg weight in the last four months and now, my weight is 75 kg and height is 175 cm. I am having a constant RUQ discomfort and back pain for the last two weeks. Previously, it was there and again it came back. All the reports I shared are the current ones, which I had four days back. Will you please let me know, how to recover faster from this situation? Is it dangerous? Please advise.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

We are here to help you.

• Your reports are pretty well in the acceptable range and do not require any special medicine at present.
  • I would recommend you to continue with Sompraz D (combination of Esomeprazole and Domperidone). Go for a walk after all meals and take only soft and bland diet.
  • Strictly avoid alcohol consumption.
  • In case, if your pain worsens, then you would need to take smooth muscle relaxants like Mebeverine.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

| 

Please let me know how much time it will generally take to recover from these symptoms and overall from NAFLD? Actually, the pain and dizziness are affecting my daily life. Also, please let me know about a perfect diet for me to recover faster.

#

• It is all up to you. If a person has NAFLD and is anxious about that, then he develops irritable bowel syndrome and that causes these symptoms.
  • I would recommend you to start meditation and yoga to calm your mind, which would help you.
  • As far as your diet is concerned, take more of fruits, cereals, vegetables in the diet and avoid fatty food as far as possible.

For further doubts consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|