Q. I have been taking Raciper plus for a year now. How can I stop?

Dr. Sandeep V Nair
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 04, 2020 and last reviewed on: Nov 09, 2020

I have been taking Raciper plus for a year now. How can I stop?

#

Raciper Plus is a proton pump inhibitor (Esomeprazole) and sustained release Domperidone combination.

It is usually prescribed for acid peptic disease or GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).

First of all, you can stop if your symptoms are under control. Since you have been taking it for such a long time, you must have relief in symptoms. You can stop it in a controlled tapering fashion. This can be done if you do not have a recurrence of symptoms on tapering.

Kindly provide more details so that I can help you more.

• What were your symptoms when you started Raciper plus?
  • Does the endoscopy was done?
  • What were the endoscopy findings?
  • How are your symptoms currently?

Thank you for your reply.

I used to have heartburn and gastric refluxes at the beginning. The endoscopy found gastric erosions. Currently, I rarely have symptoms that come after having certain foods.

#

Fine, then you change over to plain Raciper 40 once daily for one month. Then tablet Rantac (Ranitidine) 300 for one month and stop.

|