Q. I am getting chest pain that subsides on taking the Pan-D tablet. Why?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 15, 2021 and last reviewed on: Aug 13, 2021

I am getting chest pain, mostly at night. Only if I consume a Pan-D tablet before dinner, I am not getting pain. While getting pain, I am using ENO so that I am getting relief. I am attaching the reports. Kindly give your opinion.

#

As you mentioned, Pan-D (Pantoprazole and Domperidone), an antacid, helps in the pain, which means most probably your pain is due to acidity or GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). In GERD, when your stomach acids hit back, pinpoint pain can be experienced in the right side of the chest. So most probably, you have pain due to acidity only.

I would suggest you cut down spices from your meal for a while. And if you have any stress, then you will have to overcome it. Eat food in small portions, go for a walk after eating. All these things will help you. I suggest you get a chest X-ray.

I suggest you take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once a day before meal and tablet Diclofenac 50 once after meal if the pain is severe.

Can you please tell me which side of the chest you have pain on? Since when you are experiencing such pain? Do you have any anxiety or stress? Please let me know so that I can suggest medicine accordingly.

|