Q. Why do I get small non-itchy bumps on my hands, legs, and chest after alcohol consumption?

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena

There are several small bumps similar to hives but they are not red. These small bumps are all over the hands, legs, and chest, and they are itching. They arose after alcohol consumption. I take an anti-allergic tablet for this.

#

I understand your concern.

This looks like a heat rash, medically known as miliaria (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity).

It is caused by blockage of sweat ducts and can get worsened by sweating and heat.

Take a cold bath twice a day and avoid conditions inducing too much sweat and heat, if possible. Put on loose cotton clothes.

And use the following medications for a week:

1. Fusidic acid cream, apply twice a day.

2. Calamine lotion, apply after the cream.

3. Continue the tablet Allegra 180 mg once a day.

The rash will heal with exfoliation (superficial scaling), which is normal.

Take care.

|