Norfloxacin

Please suggest an alternate medicine to Norfloxacin for diarrhea.

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is 50 years old. She takes Norfloxacin on daily basis to avoid diarrhea. The moment she stops taking Norfloxacin, she goes through diarrhea. Please guide some alternate treatment for her.  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diarrhea makes a large group of gastrointestinal disorders and they must be treated according to the type and the cause. Has your mom done any stool tests? If not, I would recommend going through this test. Because it is important to understand if the diarrhea is caused b...  Read Full »

Is Norfloxacin safe during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor,I have just tested positive by preganews. But, I am suffering from diarrhea and consumed a tablet of Norflox and Pan D. Will it cause any effect on my baby? Please inform me. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly congratulations for having conceived. Ideally a single dose of Norfloxacin would not affect the conception in any way. But, it should be discontinued as it is a category C drug where risks have to be weighed against benefits before usage in pregnancy. So, pleas...  Read Full »

I have diarrhea after anal sex. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner tried anal sex for the first time in the last three years. It was not painful at all, and he finished inside of me. Also, he used a natural water based lube. Everything seemed to be fine until the next morning when I had horrible diarrhea. It is very watery and lots of it. T...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Likely it is not related to anal sex because it is not a common complication of anal sex and also bacterias will not proliferate so fast to give you diarrhea in the next morning itself. It is likely related to food consumption in last few days. I guess you do not ha...  Read Full »

Why do I have diarrhea after eating spicy food?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I ate lots of green chili pakoras with green chutney. I am not really used to such pakoras but, I ended up eating them anyway. From the next day, I started feeling a burning sensation inside the stomach and, then started the loose motions. I have been to the loo nea...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. Your symptoms are suggestive of indigestion and acute gastritis, which causes a constant discomfort or a burning sensation in your stomach. The duration of diarrhea can vary. Once the underlying cause is tre...  Read Full »

Is frequent urination after intercourse normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old female who has had meningomyelocele (spina bifida) since birth. I suffer from scoliosis of the spine, paralysis of the lower limbs and valgus of the feet. My bladder and bowel control had always been exceptionally good in spite of my condition. Before 12 days, I had se...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please relax and do not worry. I will explain you everything in detail. Meningomyelocele (incomplete spinal canal at birth) is a condition that commonly affects bladder and bowel function. Since you do not have any problem with bladder and bowel function since childhoo...  Read Full »

I had sex five days after finishing Norfloxacin. Is there a chance of getting pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I had sex five days after finishing my antibiotic Norfloxacin. Is there a chance of getting pregnant? I am on the pill for more than a year and I take it religiously.  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? If you have been taking the contraceptive pills or birth control pills, then you are absolutely safe and no chance of pregnancy. When you have been taking the pills regularly, the hormone pills will completely suppress the hormones causing the follicl...  Read Full »

How to resolve the problem of loose stools presenting with stomach pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 43-year-old female. I ate something unusual yesterday, and I have a loose, watery stool. I also have stomach pain and discomfort. I lack a good appetite. What can I take to resolve this?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have ORS (oral rehydration solution) 100 to 200 ml with each stool and keep yourself rehydrated. Drink as much as possible. You should visit a hospital to assess the hydration status, and you can also have IV fluids if needed. You can take capsule Vizylac (Lactobacillus...  Read Full »

My dad felt lightheaded with loose stools and sweating. Is that heart attack or food poisoning?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad's age is 59. He is a diabetic patient. He suddenly got a severe stomach ache and passed loose stools. He also sweated more and felt lightheaded. I feel that he is abnormal. He refuses to go the hospital and he believes that if there is a pain in the chest, then it is a heart attac...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted all your father's details. Most likely the symptoms are because of acute gastroenteritis. Cardiac origin of pain usually radiates to the epigastric region only and full abdomen is not included. The loose stools shift the diagnosis towards gastroenteritis. Do ...  Read Full »

My periods are delayed. Am I pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a couple of questions regarding pregnancy. About two days ago, my partner and I had unprotected oral sex, and I was in a position where my vagina was on his penis, but we did not have sexual intercourse. Although he did finger me, he did not seem to have any body fluid on his f...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I do not see any reason for you to worry. Let me explain. You have mentioned that your periods usually occur in the early days of the month. Usually, a lady ovulates around the 12th to the 16th day of the periods. The life of the egg is 24 hours and ...  Read Full »

What medicine do you recommend for diarrhea in a 10-year-old?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 10 years old. She has been having diarrhea since today morning. What medicine or drops can I administer?  Read Full »

Dr. Sarvendra Chandrama Singh

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq.com. A 10-year-old child's average weight is 30 kg. Hence, I suggest the following medicine. Consult your doctor, discuss with him/her and take medication with concern. Give him half tablet Norflox TZ (Norfloxacin, Tinidazole and Lactobacillus) and twice a day for three days...  Read Full »