Q. Are light headedness and numbness of head symptoms of intracranial hemorrhage?

Dr. S. Riaz Ahmed
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I have been lightheaded or unsteady for the last month. My entire head has been going numb a few times and sometimes the sides of my head. I had a cat scan to rule out bleeding, and it was negative, but I feel like I should get an MRI to check. Do you think I could have an intracranial hemorrhage?

#

You seem to have the paroxysmal symptom of vertigo possibly secondary to labyrinthine dysfunction. Did you have symptoms of upper respiratory illness recently? There is no need to panic as it is not related to bleed inside your brain. If symptoms persist, you can start Stugeron tablet 25 mg (Cinnarizine) twice a day for one to two months. You can start doing some vestibular exercises. These simple techniques will strengthen your vestibular system, but you have to be regular in it. I hope you will be better soon.

Secondary to post viral labyrinthitis.

Dix hall pike test to determine site.

Central vertigo.

Chronic labyrinthitis.

1. Stugeron (Cinnarizine) 25 mg bid for one to two months. 2. Vestibular exercise.

Avoid walking alone on undulating surfaces.

|