Q. Are light headedness and numbness of head symptoms of intracranial hemorrhage?

Dr. Riazahmed Syed
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Sep 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I have been lightheaded or unsteady for the last month. My entire head has been going numb a few times and sometimes the sides of my head. I had a cat scan to rule out bleeding, and it was negative, but I feel like I should get an MRI to check. Do you think I could have an intracranial hemorrhage?

Dr. Riazahmed Syed

Child Health Neurology
#

You seem to have the paroxysmal symptom of vertigo possibly secondary to labyrinthine dysfunction. Did you have symptoms of upper respiratory illness recently? There is no need to panic as it is not related to bleed inside your brain. If symptoms persist, you can start Stugeron tablet 25 mg (Cinnarizine) twice a day for one to two months. You can start doing some vestibular exercises. These simple techniques will strengthen your vestibular system, but you have to be regular in it. I hope you will be better soon.

Secondary to post viral labyrinthitis.

Dix hall pike test to determine site.

Central vertigo.

Chronic labyrinthitis.

1. Stugeron (Cinnarizine) 25 mg bid for one to two months. 2. Vestibular exercise.

Avoid walking alone on undulating surfaces.

What Causes Vertigo?

Article Overview: This article discusses vertigo, a sensation of spinning, dizziness, unsteadiness, and lightheadedness. Read Article

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Dizziness, unsteadiness, lightheadedness are symptoms expressed by the patient. But all these indicate that the patient is having a problem of balancing. Balancing is the outcome of a reflex mechanism where vestibule of ear, eyes and sensory receptors of joints and muscles send sensory impulses to t...  Read Article

Hearing has deteriorated significantly with vertigo. Can it be due to acoustic neuroma?

Query: Hi doctor, I have no current medications. Over the past 2 or 3 years, my hearing in my left ear only has deteriorated significantly. I would say it is less than half as good as my right. I went to an ENT doctor, with an audiologist appointment. The audiologist said I had a moderate hearing loss in ...  Read Full »

Why is my left foot numb?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am a 39 year old male. My height is 6 feet and I weigh 81 kg. Right side of my left foot is having numbness though it is not 100% numb. The left side of the foot has little pain. I get a feeling that there is some blockage in the blood flow though it might not be the case. I am a reg...  Read Full »