Q. My 2 year old daughter has some problem in her front teeth. Please give your suggestion.

Dr. Paras Angrish
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 06, 2021

My 2 year old baby girl has some problem in her four teeth. Both the upper and lower front teeth is paining now. Please give your suggestion. What can we do now?

#

• A 2 year old may get a problem in the upper teeth because of cavities, which we say as nursing bottle caries or early childhood caries.
  • Please tell if there is associated swelling or pus discharge? And if possible, please post a picture of the teeth.
  • If the issue is pain, then I suggest Ibugesic Plus syrup one teaspoon for a maximum of three times a day depending on the pain. If the pain is very severe, then I suggest adding syrup Amox 125 mg (Amoxicillin) three times after feed.
  • Consult her specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent. Please do check if the child has any drug or medicine allergy.
  • Is this first episode of pain? If it is the second episode, then please take your child to a dentist as soon as possible. If you have a pedodontist in near vicinity that will be good.
  • You have to use rice size fluoridated toothpaste with a brush to be used for at least three times a day. Keep the teeth clean.
  • Do not allow the baby to sleep with milk bottle or with any sweetened agents in mouth while nap or sleep as that will deteriorate his teeth more. Make sure that she brush her teeth before sleep

Sugar and milk.

IOPA x-ray of teeth.

Early childhood caries.

For further information consult a dentist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|