Q. How can I fix the small gap in the bottom half of my front teeth?

Dr. Prerna Jain
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 18, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2019

I have braces on at the moment and my orthodontist says I can get them off in four to five months. I think it looks okay for the most part but the thing that bothers me is this small gap in the bottom half of my front teeth. I have asked my orthodontist about this and she said that it is just because the front teeth come together but not at the bottom half because of the shape of my teeth which is triangular as opposed to rectangular. She said she cannot do anything about it, but I am very unhappy with the way it looks when I talk, laugh, etc. I researched about this kind of gaps, but most people report having gaps between the top of the two front teeth and not in the bottom like me. Is there any treatment that could possibly bring the front teeth together fully or at least more than they are right now? I hope there is something I can do to make it less obvious.

#

• Your orthodontist is correct.
  • The gaps at the bottom of the teeth are due to the shape of the teeth. Although very minor in your case, there are cases with much more apparent gaps.
  • The treatment for this is to get reshaping of your teeth done or by getting veneers.
  • Your orthodontist should discuss this with the restorative dentist in detail to adjust the ortho treatment as necessary.

For more information consult an orthodontist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthodontist

|