Q. My teeth breaks after biting something hard. What can be done?

Dr. Tooba Qazi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Mar 05, 2019

I have a problem. My teeth are brittle because if I eat something hard they sometimes break or I would feel a hole developing and this is stressing me out because I have already taken out three of them and now another one is close to being totaled. Earlier today I ate something and I think it damaged them. I am tired of taking them out.

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentistry
#

There must be one of a few reasons for this chipping off of teeth rapidly. You might have calcium and vitamin D deficiency. To rule out this, you can get serum vitamin D laboratory test done. If there is deficiency then I recommend you medicines for it.

Another reason might be the hereditary cause, that means even when you maintain your oral hygiene, brush properly, eat less sugary stuff and chocolates, still teeth are breaking off suggests it is because of genes you have got from your parents or grandparents. They would be more prone to damage and their teeth would be weak as well. In this case, you cannot do anything but visit a dentist properly and get all services done before-hand to avoid further damage.

Can you provide me with a clinical picture of teeth? So I may suggest accurately what should be your line of treatment. Stay happy and blessed. Take care.

Does vitamin deficiency cause twitching and tingling?

Query: Hi doctor, Before a week, I began having twitches and tingling in both legs from the knee down. For some time now, probably 6 months or more, I also began feeling that my legs were heavy and just general weakness all over, not really muscle weakness. I am also a gastric bypass patient and have a his...  Read Full »

Which vitamin to take for premature ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor,I did a test. I got my results that my erection transmitter is 2.99, testosterone is 4.459. vitamins E, K, and C are also slightly low. Could this be the reason I have premature ejaculation? At times, I also have a weak erection after one ejaculation. What should I take to treat these? Tha...  Read Full »

What would be an efficient way to cover chipped tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am brushing twice daily and maintaining good oral hygiene. My teeth are deteriorating and chipping. What would be an effective and cheap way to cover chipped front teeth?  Read Full »