Q. What is a good home remedy for tooth decay during pregnancy?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Published on Oct 05, 2018

I have acid erosion or decay in the back of my bottom front teeth. They are chipping at the gumline. I have a past history of bulimia and although after years I have finally recovered. Long ago, I have had decay in the back row. What is a good home remedy for now that I can use? I am currently pregnant. So I cannot go to the dentist for X-rays or anything such. Please help.

#

I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. I will recommend you to brush your teeth twice daily after breakfast and before going to bed. You can visit a dentist but keep in mind do not go for any X-ray but there is no problem with filling (dental restoration) (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Use ultra soft toothbrush because erosion of teeth increases more and more abrasion too. So do not use a hard toothbrush and also limit your tooth brushing up to 2 to 3 minutes only. Avoid painkillers during the pregnancy period and use desensitizing toothpaste if you feel any sensitivity.

Two of my wisdom teeth are impacted. Is it better to remove?

Query: Hi doctor, I visited a dentist and he completed deep cleaning of all four quadrants. I got composite fillings on one side of the mouth for five cavities (right side). However, I still have four cavities on the left side. I have two options. Wait for three more months and take care of it, as my in...  Read Full >>

Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cavities or tooth decay is chronic infections that spread further at a slow rate in most cases. The other thing to consider is any pain or associated symptoms with the cavities, which are indicative of active acute infection that has already spread deeper. So, if the cavi...  Read Full

I have a small hole in the middle of my tooth. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a small hole in the middle of my tooth and the top of my tooth. I do not have any other symptoms. The only medication I am taking is a multivitamin. What should I do?  Read Full >>

Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the explanation, it looks like a tooth decay but does not look deep. So my suggestion is to consult a dentist and get evaluated and if the decay is superficial then filling of the tooth with a tooth-colored filling material will prevent further decaying....  Read Full

Pregnancy tests are negative, but am still having pregnancy symptoms. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female, who started taking birth control pills eight months back, but I only took it for a week and stopped taking them. In that same week, I had unprotected sex with my fiance, and I had my periods the next day. The next month I got my periods two weeks earlier, and I ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I see two problems in your history. Let me tell you the reason and solution. Birth control pills come in a pack of 21 or 21 active plus seven dummy pills, or the single dose of an emergency contraceptive pill. Whichever you take, will suppres...  Read Full