Q. What is a good home remedy for tooth decay during pregnancy?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I have acid erosion or decay in the back of my bottom front teeth. They are chipping at the gumline. I have a past history of bulimia and although after years I have finally recovered. Long ago, I have had decay in the back row. What is a good home remedy for now that I can use? I am currently pregnant. So I cannot go to the dentist for X-rays or anything such. Please help.

#

I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. I will recommend you to brush your teeth twice daily after breakfast and before going to bed. You can visit a dentist but keep in mind do not go for any X-ray but there is no problem with filling (dental restoration) (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Use ultra soft toothbrush because erosion of teeth increases more and more abrasion too. So do not use a hard toothbrush and also limit your tooth brushing up to 2 to 3 minutes only. Avoid painkillers during the pregnancy period and use desensitizing toothpaste if you feel any sensitivity.

|