Q. Do people with OCD need to continue medicines throughout their life?

Answered by Dr. Ramchandra Lamba.

Do you have a question on Ocd or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I need your help regarding OCD disease. It looks like my fiancee is having this problem and she has been suffering a lot since last month. I am seeing sudden changes in her behavior like getting sad, no feelings, and changes in the mood so frequently. She does not want to go outside as she has a feeling that she will become dirty and this feeling is getting stronger nowadays. She does not want to live, and is trying to end all her relationships and die. I asked her to consult with a doctor but she is not at all ready. I have tried so many ways to persuade her to see a doctor but she is getting upset because of this. If you can help me regarding treatment online and some medicine then it would be a great help for me.