Q. Kindly explain the ways to overcome OCD.

Dr. Mustafa Ibrahim Abdelaziz Emara
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 22, 2020

I used to be really depressed about a year ago and this lasted for about three year and I had common OCD symptoms and was in fact diagnosed with a mild case. But now I am better of sorts and I do not have depression but there is still one thing that I am concerned about. About two times a month there will come a day where I start to feel like I am going crazy and then I get this really empty feeling in my chest and there is another side of me that takes the lead and she is so mean and hateful and she just wants to hurt everyone, me included. The only way to get the feelings to go away is to hurt myself so I do not know what to do and I want to know what is wrong with me or if anything is at all.

#

The psychiatric illnesses are either neurosis or psychosis.There are a number of diseases under each category and there some interference in symptoms between the diseases of the the same category. For example depression and OCD are under neurosis category, so the patient with depression can manifest some symptoms of OCD and it depends on severity of depression and/or the patients previous problems during his/her childhood and/or the social support the patient has from others.Moreover,the fluctuation of hormones during menstrual cycle can aggravate the symptoms of depression for some days. So, you should take your medical treatment and start psychological treatment,because the medical treatment cannot solve the problem completely.

|