Psychosis

Will continuous intake of Carbidopa-Levodopa exacerbate hallucinations?

Query: I made mistake. Since carbidopa levodopa can precipitate or exacerbate hallucinations, i need to correct myself My wife takes 2 x 0.5 tabs 25/100 carbidopa daily.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Thanks for using Icliniq. I do not understand what do you mean by 'I made mistake'. You are right in saying that carbidopa and levodopa combination may precipitate psychosis but it does not mean that it occurs in all. I also like to tell you that the studies have revealed that almost 40% of indivi...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with substance-induced psychosis and taking medicines. Is it permanent?

Query: Hello, I have been diagnosed with substance induced psychosis 2 years ago and I started taking anti-psychotics along with a mood stabilizer and other anti-depressants however now I'm only on mood stabilizer and therapy, I would like to know if this illness will be permanent or if its going to subsid...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. I can understand your concern about it. your illness will be under control on medications. let me explain you in simple language. When a patient is suffering from diabetes, the doctor needs to control or manage sugar level. To control sugar, the patien...  Read Full »

How to manage herpes encephalitis?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother had COVID-19, and it developed into encephalitis. The neurologists are saying it could be viral or limbic. We wonder if you can help diagnose if we sent you the MRI images and laboratory reports. His symptoms are confusion (he thinks that his kids are his brothers), hallucinati...  Read Full »

Dr. Gursimran

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to know regarding this problem that your brother is facing. After reading the history and checking his reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), viral encephalitis is more likely given the MRI images. And the hallucination and psychosis are because...  Read Full »

Will my husband shouting at me affect my baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband is very broadminded and good hearted. He is an all rounder in every arena, both at home and outside. He can manage anything and can do any task. But, he quickly gets irritated when saw any flaw around. He expects me to be 100% perfectionist in any work at home. Due to the irr...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you are facing a hard time dealing with your husband at times he gets irritated and you feel concerned about your baby if she gets affected by this attitude. Here, I am telling you something related to psychological theories and research findi...  Read Full »

What are the ways to overcome OCD?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to be really depressed about a year ago and this lasted for about three year and I had common OCD symptoms and was in fact diagnosed with a mild case. But now I am better of sorts and I do not have depression but there is still one thing that I am concerned about. About two times ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mustafa Ibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The psychiatric illnesses are either neurosis or psychosis.There are a number of diseases under each category and there some interference in symptoms between the diseases of the the same category. For example depression and OCD are under neurosis category, so the pati...  Read Full »

I feel tired and anxious after taking Abilify. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am so anxious and sleeping 9 to 10 hours per day. It has begun when I start taking Abilify pills and Akineton. Why I feel so tired every day?  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please answer me a few more questions. Do you have any of the following symptoms? Persistent low mood, disturbed appetite, loss of interest in previously pleasurable activities, ideas of hopelessness, ideas of helplessness, ideas of suicide and persistent headache. Wh...  Read Full »

How to help my extremely depressed and angry mom?

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is extremely depressed and showing the anger towards my dad with the wrong assumptions. She is not at all listening to our words. Whenever we advise on this, she is showing abnormal anger, which is unusual. I tried to take her to a psychiatrist, but she is not ready to come. She ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all we need to establish whether she is really suffering from depression or any other mental illness. It is quite common to label all mental illnesses as depression. We diagnose a person as a patient of depression if the following symptoms are present for most of...  Read Full »

Does psychotic illness make you extremely scared of any noise?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years of age. I had gone to study in abroad. I was extremely lonely there. I am a huge hypochondriac and when I started getting sleep problems, I started thinking I had some fatal disease. Subsequently, just three months ago, I somehow became convinced that I had schizophrenia and...  Read Full »

Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no need to presume at this point of time that it is a psychotic illness. I think you have been reading too much on the internet. I would like to treat this like an anxiety disorder at this point of time. There are a lot of things I would typically explain to my ...  Read Full »

How to help a patient who is suffering from a mental disorder for 24 years?

Query: Respected sir/madam, My mother has been suffering from mental disorder since 24 years (from my birth) . My dad took her to the hospital and undergone treatment also but no use , after up to 2 years prescribed medicine also used . It had been 20 year of not using any medicine and treatment . Sinc...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello , I am sorry to hear about your situation. I can imagine how hard it must be for you. In your query you have not mentioned the diagnosis so I can't suggest exactly what needs to be done but I will explain how it works .. The fact that you mentioned that she doesn't remember anyone could be a p...  Read Full »

How to treat anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from anxiety. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your description of symptoms is concise and specific, which makes it easy to diagnose your condition. Mental illnesses are broadly classified into neurosis and psychosis. In neurosis, a person does not lose contact with reality and understands that he has a mental iss...  Read Full »