Psychosis

How to treat anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from anxiety. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your description of symptoms is concise and specific, which makes it easy to diagnose your condition. Mental illnesses are broadly classified into neurosis and psychosis. In neurosis, a person does not lose contact with reality and understands that he has a mental iss...  Read Full »

How to overcome the side effects of Olanzapine tablets?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend was extremely stressed at work and started telling things that never happened and was very delusional. We took her to a psychologist, who referred her to a psychiatrist. He told us she was in a state of psychosis due to stress and prescribed Oleanz 5 mg tablet for two days. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it looks like your friend has developed stress induced acute psychotic episodes. Olanzapine is an effective medication in this situation. 2.5 mg daily is a small dose only; it is not too much ( usual dose can go up to 10 to 20 mg daily). Encou...  Read Full »

My wife's behavior had changed completely after the use of Duromine. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife used Duromine for six months at first, no problems. But now she changed ultimately, she wants a deforce and can not tell me the real reason because she does not know why she feels like it. She is even moody with children. She does not want me moving out, saying we can stay toget...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, short term but common side effects of Duromine (Phentermine) is irritability, nervousness, and insomnia. Change of sexual desire and psychosis are the rare side effects, but still, there is a possibility. So yes, there is a good possibility that Duromine is the r...  Read Full »

Am I becoming psycho due to depression and overthinking?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old female. I am undergoing deep depression and overthinking. Excessive sleep or sleepless nights. Severe headache and spinal cord pain and knots in various body parts. Am I becoming a pyscho?  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You appear to be stressed, which can be affecting your mood and cause bodily symptoms. You are not becoming a psycho. Speak to your family or parents about your problems. Do not struggle by keeping things to yourself. Speak to a trusted person. Try to address any ong...  Read Full »

Is it appropriate to prescribe stimulant medication after an episode of psychosis?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it ever appropriate to prescribe stimulant medication after an episode of psychosis? I am a patient that has done well on them in the past and is struggling to mange my ADHD without them. The psychosis happened last year during a period of social isolation.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have raised a very pertinent question. Stimulant medication can raise the risk of relapse in psychotic symptoms. If psychotic symptoms were clearly treatment-emergent, generally it is not advisable to try stimulants again. If ADHD symptoms are problematic, you ca...  Read Full »

I had an episode of psychosis. How long should I stay on the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 35 years old male. I had an episode of psychosis for the first time four months ago and is treated with Risperidone and Escitalopram. For how long should I stay on the treatment?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Gohil

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For psychosis, Risperidone is considered the right drug. However, Escitalopram is given for depression. So if at present you do not have any depressive symptoms you can discontinue Escitalopram. However, Risperidone should be continued at least for a year in the firs...  Read Full »

Is it good to take Risperidone for a long time for hallucination?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother had five to six episodes of hallucinations, and he takes Risperidone 2 mg for one year. Is it safe to take this medicine for such a long time? Can psychosis come back after stopping the medication? What are the side effects?  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Antipsychotics are usually required for long-term. But if the person is suffering from acute and transient psychotic disorders, then these drugs are used for three months to one year depending upon the situation. After completing the drug treatment, relapse of psychosis...  Read Full »

I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 and panic disorder. I worry that I may be in psychosis. Is this normal?

Query: Hello doctor,I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 and panic disorder. I currently take Zoloft and Klonopin. My psychologist believes I am functioning normally, but sometimes I worry that I may be in psychosis, or displaying symptoms. My only concern is that recently, I have been having paranoid thoughts. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is common to have some paranoid thoughts, especially when you are feeling stressed, anxious, and feeling low in confidence. From the way you have described your symptoms, psychosis appears very unlikely. You can recognize the paranoid nature of your thinking, and ...  Read Full »

I always feel like third person is ordering me. Is it depression?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from depression. It has been four years. I am always demotivated. I was average student but then I became a failure. I cannot concentrate on studies. I feel like god is talking to me and orders me certain things which I must do. I always feel like third person is o...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms like someone is talking to you, talking to God or hearing voices which others cannot hear could be occurring due to some psychotic issue. Such kind of symptoms are not generally seen in depression. Since such symptoms have resulted in loss of performance in...  Read Full »

My aunt thinks that all girls are trying to get interact with her husband. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor,I want to share my aunt case and seek advice regarding this case. My aunt is about 54 years old, and her husband is around 63 years old.After the death of my aunt's father, a behavioral change occurred in my aunt. She started to blame her husband and try to make her husband stay away fr...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She should consult a psychiatrist. The symptoms like possessiveness, ideas, or even delusional beliefs about the fidelity of husband, blaming husband, etc. cannot be ignored. She might be suffering from some mood disorder most likely depression with psychotic symptom...  Read Full »