Psychosis

I feel tired and anxious after taking Abilify. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am so anxious and sleeping 9 to 10 hours per day. It has begun when I start taking Abilify pills and Akineton. Why I feel so tired every day?  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please answer me a few more questions. Do you have any of the following symptoms? Persistent low mood, disturbed appetite, loss of interest in previously pleasurable activities, ideas of hopelessness, ideas of helplessness, ideas of suicide and persistent headache. Wh...  Read Full »

What are the ways to overcome OCD?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to be really depressed about a year ago and this lasted for about three year and I had common OCD symptoms and was in fact diagnosed with a mild case. But now I am better of sorts and I do not have depression but there is still one thing that I am concerned about. About two times ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mustafa Ibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The psychiatric illnesses are either neurosis or psychosis.There are a number of diseases under each category and there some interference in symptoms between the diseases of the the same category. For example depression and OCD are under neurosis category, so the pati...  Read Full »

How to help my extremely depressed and angry mom?

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is extremely depressed and showing the anger towards my dad with the wrong assumptions. She is not at all listening to our words. Whenever we advise on this, she is showing abnormal anger, which is unusual. I tried to take her to a psychiatrist, but she is not ready to come. She ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all we need to establish whether she is really suffering from depression or any other mental illness. It is quite common to label all mental illnesses as depression. We diagnose a person as a patient of depression if the following symptoms are present for most of...  Read Full »

Does psychotic illness make you extremely scared of any noise?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years of age. I had gone to study in abroad. I was extremely lonely there. I am a huge hypochondriac and when I started getting sleep problems, I started thinking I had some fatal disease. Subsequently, just three months ago, I somehow became convinced that I had schizophrenia and...  Read Full »

Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no need to presume at this point of time that it is a psychotic illness. I think you have been reading too much on the internet. I would like to treat this like an anxiety disorder at this point of time. There are a lot of things I would typically explain to my ...  Read Full »

How to help a patient who is suffering from a mental disorder for 24 years?

Query: Respected sir/madam, My mother has been suffering from mental disorder since 24 years (from my birth) . My dad took her to the hospital and undergone treatment also but no use , after up to 2 years prescribed medicine also used . It had been 20 year of not using any medicine and treatment . Sinc...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello , I am sorry to hear about your situation. I can imagine how hard it must be for you. In your query you have not mentioned the diagnosis so I can't suggest exactly what needs to be done but I will explain how it works .. The fact that you mentioned that she doesn't remember anyone could be a p...  Read Full »

How to treat anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from anxiety. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your description of symptoms is concise and specific, which makes it easy to diagnose your condition. Mental illnesses are broadly classified into neurosis and psychosis. In neurosis, a person does not lose contact with reality and understands that he has a mental iss...  Read Full »

How to overcome the side effects of Olanzapine tablets?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend was extremely stressed at work and started telling things that never happened and was very delusional. We took her to a psychologist, who referred her to a psychiatrist. He told us she was in a state of psychosis due to stress and prescribed Oleanz 5 mg tablet for two days. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it looks like your friend has developed stress induced acute psychotic episodes. Olanzapine is an effective medication in this situation. 2.5 mg daily is a small dose only; it is not too much ( usual dose can go up to 10 to 20 mg daily). Encou...  Read Full »

My wife's behavior had changed completely after the use of Duromine. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife used Duromine for six months at first, no problems. But now she changed ultimately, she wants a deforce and can not tell me the real reason because she does not know why she feels like it. She is even moody with children. She does not want me moving out, saying we can stay toget...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, short term but common side effects of Duromine (Phentermine) is irritability, nervousness, and insomnia. Change of sexual desire and psychosis are the rare side effects, but still, there is a possibility. So yes, there is a good possibility that Duromine is the r...  Read Full »

Am I becoming psycho due to depression and overthinking?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old female. I am undergoing deep depression and overthinking. Excessive sleep or sleepless nights. Severe headache and spinal cord pain and knots in various body parts. Am I becoming a pyscho?  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You appear to be stressed, which can be affecting your mood and cause bodily symptoms. You are not becoming a psycho. Speak to your family or parents about your problems. Do not struggle by keeping things to yourself. Speak to a trusted person. Try to address any ong...  Read Full »

Is it appropriate to prescribe stimulant medication after an episode of psychosis?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it ever appropriate to prescribe stimulant medication after an episode of psychosis? I am a patient that has done well on them in the past and is struggling to mange my ADHD without them. The psychosis happened last year during a period of social isolation.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have raised a very pertinent question. Stimulant medication can raise the risk of relapse in psychotic symptoms. If psychotic symptoms were clearly treatment-emergent, generally it is not advisable to try stimulants again. If ADHD symptoms are problematic, you ca...  Read Full »