Oily Food

Are medicines necessary for elevated LDL levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 43 years old. I do not smoke or drink, but my food habits are not very good. Recently, I got my blood checked for Apo B/Apo A and the ratio was really bad at 1.6. The triglyceride is around 474 and this rose from 270 around three months back. My HDL is 26, LDL 116 and TC 237. Let...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You definitely need treatment for high cholesterol along with dietary modifications. You need to be started on a combination of Atorvastatin and Fenofibrate. Start regular exercise and avoid oil, rice and potatoes. For blood su...  Read Full »

What causes persistent indigestion and vomiting?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having indigestion and vomiting since one month. It is not frequent, but twice or thrice in a week. When I am having my dinner after eating half of the meals I feel some air in my stomach and suddenly vomit everything. I am having this issue in the morning too. When I wake up, I fee...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

Is cholesterol level of 299 too high?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I have checked my lipid profile and sugar. The results are total cholesterol 229, HDL 53, LDL 150, BP 130/90 mmHg and sugar 104. Are these results fine? Let me know whether I have any heart disease. For cholesterol I am taking Triglize. Kindly give few suggestions to lowe...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your total cholesterol target should be 150. Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) should be below 100 and high-density lipoprotein (HDL) in range of 50 to 60. Your blood sugar is normal. Right now you do not seem to have heart condition and your slightly raised blood pressure is...  Read Full »

Why do I have diarrhea after eating spicy food?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I ate lots of green chili pakoras with green chutney. I am not really used to such pakoras but, I ended up eating them anyway. From the next day, I started feeling a burning sensation inside the stomach and, then started the loose motions. I have been to the loo nea...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. Your symptoms are suggestive of indigestion and acute gastritis, which causes a constant discomfort or a burning sensation in your stomach. The duration of diarrhea can vary. Once the underlying cause is tre...  Read Full »

Please suggest a diet chart to reduce weight and improve fertility.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 24 years old and her height is 4'10" and weight is 61 kg. She is a bit overweight and also has PCOD problem. We got married 2 years back and she cannot get pregnant. Please send the diet chart to reduce her weight. What are all the foods that she can take to improve ferti...  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. From your information, I got to know that she is obese. She needs to reduce approximately 6 kg. It is too much weight for her height but no worry she can reduce it by diet and some exercises. She needs very low calorie diet of about 1200...  Read Full »

Can IBS cause lower abdomen pain and alarming weight loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. My problem is whenever I press my lower abdomen especially right lower part I feel some watery sound. When I wake up in the morning I feel pain in my lower abdomen. Also, my weight is decreasing at an alarming rate. Last year it was 68 kg and now it is only 52 kg. I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your symptoms, I will also go with the diagnosis of IBS. But, my line of treatment will be based on ayurveda diagnosis. In your case, it is Vata Koshta - your digestive system afflicted by vata (increase in the gas in the intestines). Treatment for IBS will ...  Read Full »

Is eating fried food bad for our health?

Query: Hello doctor, I often eat deep fried potatoes with chilly powder. Some say that it will turn into bad materials after they reach the belly. I do not believe it. Is that true? Why is it so?  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any food that is deep fried in oil or that contains oil in considerable amounts is not good for your body. Excessive intake of oil might lead to cholesterol deposition in your blood vessels, which in turn can reduce blood supply to the heart. This poses a future risk of...  Read Full »

How to reduce belly fat in a diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is a diabetic since 25 years. He had bypass surgery last year and has gained some belly fat. He is taking medication for lipids. He has grade 2 fatty liver with no symptoms. Please examine my father's recent ultrasound which was done to check his enlarged prostate. Also, pl...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. His ultrasound (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of abdomen suggests fatty liver. Liver function test (LFT) is normal. This indicates there is fat in liver, but it is not damaging liver. There is no specific treatment for fatty liver. Main treatment to ...  Read Full »

Please suggest some ayurveda medicine for IBS.

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting diarrhea for five days in a month. Also, I always have loose stool. When I consulted my doctor I came to know that it is irritable bowel syndrome. I would like to get it cured through ayurveda medicine. Please suggest me a treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) has become a common problem nowadays. The main reason for IBS is outside food. A chronic infection caused due to unhygienic food results in IBS. Avoid outside food completely for six months and include two cups of buttermilk in your dail...  Read Full »

Please suggest Ayurveda cure for gallstone and prostate enlargement.

Query: Hi doctor, I got gallstone and prostate enlargement and the PSA is 8. Abnormalities are noted in the lung parenchyma or pleura, but no pulmonary nodules seen. Also abnormalities are seen in neck and mediastinum. When I have cold, cough does not stop itself. I drink some water and I think while worki...  Read Full »

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  If you take these medicines regularly both your problems will be taken care of definitely. Chandraprabha Vati - one tablet thrice a day after food. Avipattikar churna - one teaspoon mixed with a glass of warm water and take twice daily in empty stomach. Zandu Haritaki ...  Read Full »