Q. Few of my tests are abnormal. How to make them normal again?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman
Published on May 24, 2018

Kindly check my reports. A few tests are showing some varied results. So, kindly give me suggestions to make them normal again.

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

#

I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Your tests can be back to normal just by some dietary and lifestyle modifications.

1. You need to avoid saturated fats such as fried and processed foods.
  2. Also, try to choose leaner cuts of meat and low-fat dairy products.
  3. Try to get your fat consumption from olive oil.
  4. Increase your dietary intake of fruits and vegetables.
  5. Add other sources of fibers such as oats, bran, brown bread, brown pasta, and brown flour.
  6. You need to increase your dietary intake of omega three either by eating more seafood or by taking an omega three supplement.
  7. Also, add vitamin D supplements to your diet to increase its level.
  8. Exercising daily for half an hour even by simple walking will help as well.

I hope you find this helpful.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

What should I do to concentrate in my studies?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student. When I sit for study, I just start feeling distractions from small noises and things. Most of the time, I go to imaginations of things I want to create and sometimes, I suddenly start daydreaming about different kinds of thoughts. Sometimes, I start to remember about pa...  Read Full »

Lifestyle Modifications for Women's Health

Article Overview: Learn about simple lifestyle changes and healthy habits that can help a woman stay disease-free and enjoy life to the fullest. Read Article

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Fitness Expert

Women of today find it very difficult to juggle between their personal and professional life, especially if they are mothers. But, having two incomes at home has become a necessity rather than a luxury. Yes, it does feel very good to call oneself a working woman, but the working hours are taking a t...  Read Article

Lifestyle Modifications in Hypertensive Patients

Article Overview: You can reduce the ill effects of hypertension like heart attack, stroke, and kidney disease by making changes to your lifestyle. Read the article to know more. Read Article

Dr. Rahul Rathee

Hypertension is defined as any of the following: Systolic pressure or upper value of blood pressure more than 140 mmHg. Diastolic pressure or lower value of blood pressure more than 90 mmHg. There is no substitute to drugs/medications to keep blood pressure levels under control in a hyper...  Read Article