iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDentistryopgI have jaw stiffness and was suggested to remove my wisdom tooth. I want opinion on my OPG.

I am adviced to remove my wisdom tooth for my jaw stiffness. Please advice on my OPG.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Nithila. A

Published At September 15, 2019
Reviewed AtSeptember 15, 2019

Patient's Query

I am feeling jaw stiffness on the right side, I had OPG and my dentist said to remove the wisdom tooth, but I do not see any issue with it in my OPG. I want to get a second opinion.

Your wisdom tooth on both sides of your lower if you observe are at the angle of your jaw where there will be movement when you open the mouth causing stiffness. And in the second point is there are no adverse effects if you get rid of your wisdom tooth. Your brush cannot reach there. You will not be able to chew on them. So why do you take a risk in keeping them? So do not worry, follow as per your doctor's advice and feel free to text me or call me if you have any further doubts take care.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Smitha Chowdary Yalavarthy
Dr. Smitha Chowdary Yalavarthy

Dentistry

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

wisdom tooth extractionopg

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dentistry

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy