Q. I am adviced to remove my wisdom tooth for my jaw stiffness. Please advice on my OPG.

Dr. Smitha Yalavarthy

I am feeling jaw stiffness on the right side, I had OPG and my dentist said to remove the wisdom tooth, but I do not see any issue with it in my OPG. I want to get a second opinion.

#

Your wisdom tooth on both sides of your lower if you observe are at the angle of your jaw where there will be movement when you open the mouth causing stiffness. And in the second point is there are no adverse effects if you get rid of your wisdom tooth. Your brush cannot reach there. You will not be able to chew on them. So why do you take a risk in keeping them? So do not worry, follow as per your doctor's advice and feel free to text me or call me if you have any further doubts take care.

|