Q. I am adviced to remove my wisdom tooth for my jaw stiffness. Please advice on my OPG.

Dr. Smitha Yalavarthy
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 15, 2019

I am feeling jaw stiffness on the right side, I had OPG and my dentist said to remove the wisdom tooth, but I do not see any issue with it in my OPG. I want to get a second opinion.

#

Your wisdom tooth on both sides of your lower if you observe are at the angle of your jaw where there will be movement when you open the mouth causing stiffness. And in the second point is there are no adverse effects if you get rid of your wisdom tooth. Your brush cannot reach there. You will not be able to chew on them. So why do you take a risk in keeping them? So do not worry, follow as per your doctor's advice and feel free to text me or call me if you have any further doubts take care.

Why is there numbness in tongue and jaw after wisdom tooth extraction?

Query: Hello doctor, My lower right side impacted wisdom tooth has been extracted a week back. Till now my half tongue and jawline of the right side are numb or I am not feeling hot or cold at that side. I am so much worried. Is that normal or is it a concern of worrying? I am panicking for getting sense ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the tongue feels numb even after a day, then you may have a condition called paresthesia. It occurs when the injection injures the nerves. and such numbness can remain for a week or two, sometimes even for a month. But it will go away as the nerves heal slowly. Ta...  Read Full

How should I get the impacted upper canine pulled down to its position?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a confusion on pulling down an impacted left upper canine. One doctor said we can pull down left upper canine using bracket and braces other said no because roots are not yet formed.  Read Full >>

Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding the impacted left upper canine, I have looked at your CBCT and OPG (attachment removed to protect patient identity). A vital piece of information. The age of the patient is not available. However, according to the present data, the upper left canine is not com...  Read Full

It has been six days after removal of wisdom tooth, and still I have severe pain. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I had my lower wisdom tooth extraction last week. I had bone cutting and stitches. Today is the sixth day of surgery, but I have severe pain even after taking pain killers. But there is no adequate response. I had five days of antibiotics too. Please suggest me what I should do?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your medications are fine, are you taking Cataflam still or stopped? Did you follow all the do's and dont's your dentist had suggested you after extraction? As wisdom tooth extraction is in itself a complex one and any manhandling makes the patient suffer a lot. For ...  Read Full