Q. I am adviced to remove my wisdom tooth for my jaw stiffness. Please advice on my OPG.

Dr. Smitha Yalavarthy

I am feeling jaw stiffness on the right side, I had OPG and my dentist said to remove the wisdom tooth, but I do not see any issue with it in my OPG. I want to get a second opinion.

#

Your wisdom tooth on both sides of your lower if you observe are at the angle of your jaw where there will be movement when you open the mouth causing stiffness. And in the second point is there are no adverse effects if you get rid of your wisdom tooth. Your brush cannot reach there. You will not be able to chew on them. So why do you take a risk in keeping them? So do not worry, follow as per your doctor's advice and feel free to text me or call me if you have any further doubts take care.

| 

Why is there numbness in tongue and jaw after wisdom tooth extraction?

Query: Hello doctor, My lower right side impacted wisdom tooth has been extracted a week back. Till now my half tongue and jawline of the right side are numb or I am not feeling hot or cold at that side. I am so much worried. Is that normal or is it a concern of worrying? I am panicking for getting sense ...  Read Full »

How should I get the impacted upper canine pulled down to its position?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a confusion on pulling down an impacted left upper canine. One doctor said we can pull down left upper canine using bracket and braces other said no because roots are not yet formed.  Read Full »

It has been six days after removal of wisdom tooth, and still I have severe pain. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I had my lower wisdom tooth extraction last week. I had bone cutting and stitches. Today is the sixth day of surgery, but I have severe pain even after taking pain killers. But there is no adequate response. I had five days of antibiotics too. Please suggest me what I should do?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»