Q. I want to get braces but I have so many baby teeth. What to do?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

im a 14 year old child . My concern is that i only have 24 set of teeth , 1 is growing at the back but i only have 13 baby teeth and 11 are permanent teeth . To be add on , i have doubling rows since three years back, and have gotten it out last year but it is still hasnt come back to its place because of the lack of space . My teeth are a mess , i want to get braces but i have so many baby teeth . I dont know what to do please help me

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentistry Endodontist
#

Hello, Welcome to ICLINIQ

This is your Dentist -

First of all you will be needing an OPG, its a full mouth view xray , extraction of the decidious teeths as found in the Xray will be done.

Now its turn to see where those impacted permanent tooths are present . Hopefully they will errupt a bit late , but they have no tendenxy to erupts they will be removed. If needed ortho treatment at 16 years of age (minimum)

So for now Get to your Dentist get an Opg done and get all those baby tooths extracted.

You can also upload the xray to me so I can assist you more. You are a good kid , donot worry ... am here to help you when even you need . Focus on your grades .

Avoid too much sweet food or chochlates or sticky foods . Brush twice and donot forget to rinse. Your teeth will be fine dont worry . If possible upload the xray image for me to look at .

Have a good day . Thanks alot.

| 

Good and Bad Regarding Orthodontic Treatment

Article Overview: Crooked teeth can be esthetically disturbing. Orthodontic treatment can make your smile beautiful. Read the article to know the pros and cons of this treatment. Read Article

Dr. Naveen Thomas
Orthodontist

An orthodontic treatment (wire braces) is a dental treatment done for a patient to get an aesthetic facial apperance while maintaining the intraoral gum health. Presently we are witnessing numerous patients who after completing the treatment complain of periodontitis (gum problem in which loosening ...  Read Article

Invisible Aligners for a Perfect Smile

Article Overview: Custom made invisible aligners are orthodontic devices that are a transparent plastic form of dental braces used to adjust or move the teeth, which encourages even adults to have a "Perfect Smile." Read Article

Everyone's dream is to have a great smile, but they get stuck where to start from. Many people are experiencing success using clear orthodontic devices called "Aligners." Orthodontic braces encourage teeth to move using brackets connected with wires. Aligners are a series of custom-made tight fitt...  Read Article