Q. There is severe crowding of teeth. Can removal of wisdom teeth correct it?

Dr. Disha Kandi Jain

Our child is 12 with small face, mouth. She lost all but one milk teeth. She has severe crowding and overbite. Our orthodontist recommended removing lower jaw wisdom teeth which have not yet erupted. They are at an angle to the back teeth.

#

As per your history, OPG and photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) I can see mesially titlted last or third molars. So, there is indication for its extraction. One deciduous tooth is unexfoliated. According to me, that lower unerupted tooth should be first taken into consideration. Extraction of wisdom teeth is one of the consideration but it is not an emergency. It is fine to extract third molar after completion of treatment also.

For proper detailed treatment planning and management,send me the following: Intraoral photographs, image of upper teeth after opening of jaw and clicking from down, image of lower teeth after opening of jaw and clicking from up, image of teeth from either side after occlusion.

|