Optical Coherence Tomography

Can eye freckles disappear on their own?

Query: Hi doctor, Please find the images shared by my optometrist. He said I have no freckles. If a freckle develops sometime in one's life, then what would prevent it from growing indefinitely to melanoma? Will it develop for some time and stop? If you do notice the freckle then please clarify doubts w...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have sent I do not see a freckle in either eye. A freckle will show as a pigmented patch in the retina of the eye. If there is a freckle it will not reduce in size on its own. It will increase in size...  Read Full »

What is Accentrix used for?

Query: Hi doctor, I see wavy lines in my right eye. I was asked to do an OCT. After OCT, my doctor advised Accentrix injections. I am attaching my OCT here for your reference. Please suggest if there is any other option.  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is your age? Are you diabetic or hypertensive? This history is important as treatment option will vary depending on this history. Your diagnosis seems to be as vascular occlusion (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, this intravitreal injection i...  Read Full »

Are OCT results related with light sensitivity?

Query: Hi doctor, Since 5 years, I have significant floater 3 to 4 numbers in both eyes. I have mild light sensitivity photophobia. I was on stress medicine Escitalopram (Cipralex) 10 mg, an SSRI, for the past 5 years and presently not taking any medicine. Perimetry and eye pressure done regularly eve...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the outset I want to assure you that, after going through your history and the OCT results (attachment removed to protect patient identity) there is no possibility of any threat to your vision. Photophobia is caused by some inflammation in the front part of the e...  Read Full »

Cataract in one eye and solar burn in other. Does solar burn occur in one eye?

Query: Hi doctor, My father who is 56 years old, observed reduced visibility since 8 months. On consulting a doctor, he found cataract in one eye and solar burn in the other. Does solar burn occur in one eye?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Solar retinopathy is due to exposure to radiations from sun. It mostly affects both eyes but in some patients only one eye may be affected. I advise you to consult a local eye specialist and get fundus fluorescein angiography (FFA) and optical coherence tomography (OC...  Read Full »

I had solar retinopathy in the past. Should I get my eyes checked frequently?

Query: Hello doctor, I had been diagnosed with solar retinopathy. I went for an eye exam and the OCT results came up great. However, I am worried about the prevalence of it popping up when I least expect it. The retina looks fine. Should I take heart in knowing that I am fine or be vigilant and continue...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the OCT (optical coherence tomography) and retina are fine, then there is no issue as a long-term effect is less likely. Also, an immediate effect is seen and the layers, particularly the photoreceptor layer is affected. In some percentage of patients, I have seen ...  Read Full »

What does glaucoma suspected patient mean?

Query: Hi doctor, I had eye checkup nine months back as I had light pain in right eye. The doctor advised me to get OCT and CCT. With the test reports he said that I have glaucoma. He advised me to take an eye drop named Lumigan one drop daily at night in both eyes. I am not satisfied with his opinion and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all please relax. There is nothing to worry. All the doctors are correct. Now let me explain you. Glaucoma is a very slowly progressive disease. You are glaucoma suspect means you are at risk of glaucoma or have many predisposing factors for glaucoma, but ther...  Read Full »

There is a cyst in the retina for my father. Which medicine will be suitable for him?

Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 76 years old, has been diabetic for the last 25 years. He takes medicine and controls it within the range throughout. Around 20 years back, he had a cataract operation in both the eyes. There is no IOL. His eye problem started before two years. Due to which, there is bl...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After seeing the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can see sub-RPE (retinal pigment epithelium) drusens and pigment epithelial detachment in both the eyes. There is also intraretinal cystic fluid. These findings are suggestive of wet age-related m...  Read Full »

I have floaters. Should I worry about my vision?

Query: Hi doctor, I have eye floaters. There is no family history of glaucoma. I do not smoke or drink and also not eating non-vegetarian foods at present. My eye pressure in both the eyes are 18 to 20 mmHg. My floater eight years ago after severe eye infection from welding light radiation. There is no OVD...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked your OCT - optical coherence tomography report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and it appears normal. You have not mentioned your vision? If your vision is also normal, then I think your eyes are healthy. Floaters can also be innocent floa...  Read Full »

Can shining of the phone flashlight be detrimental to my retina?

Query: Hello doctor,Nine months ago, I used my iPhone flashlight to check my pupils in the mirror. I had the light extremely close to my eyes and was checking my pupils due to other issues I was experiencing. After I did this, every light source I saw was extremely different. Beams were coming down from ev...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In our practice, we use a brighter light than a flashlight and sometimes we directly throw them on the retina. All I want to say is that the flashlight brought momentarily close to eyes has no detrimental effects. As you have told me that...  Read Full »

There is a hemorrhage in the eye and a cotton wool spot. Is this serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I have recently had an eye test done and it revealed that I have astigmatism, also there is a hemorrhage 2 DD superior to macula 2 DD in the left eye and a cotton wool spot 2.5 DD supero-temporal to the optician's disc in the right eye. I am hypertensive but my BP is under control wit...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, this probably is related to hypertension. You are currently suffering from hypertensive retinopathy. Now your BP is under control but previous longterm episodes of uncontrolled BP has led to the narrowing of blood vessels in your retina and this has led to a re...  Read Full »