Oral Glucose Tolerance Test

How early can a baby be delivered due to diabetes in a pregnant women?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 26 years old. She is 33 weeks pregnant and detected with sugar all of a sudden. Her PP sugar level is 149 mg/dL. Can you suggest how to control it? How early baby can be delivered?  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A single reading of postprandial sugar of 149 mg/dL should not be a reason to worry unless your wife has a family history of diabetes or diabetes in the previous pregnancy. She can do one oral GTT (glucose tolerance test). It is a sugar test done in fasting and every...  Read Full »

Can you look at my MRI and explain the reason for burning pain in feet?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had a problem with my feet now for four years. About four years ago, I had some burning pain in feet. I cannot stand for more than 15 minutes or the pain gets very bad. Four years ago, I also had really bad pain in my legs after standing all day. That has diminished and now I stil...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry that you have had this pain for the past four years. From what you have written, I find that you have problem with feet for four years, burning pain on the bottom of feet and you cannot stand for more than 15 minutes. Your MRI report (attachment removed to p...  Read Full »

Blood sugar fasting 97, HbA1c 6.89 and mean blood glucose 144. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I got my blood test results today. My fasting blood sugar is 97 mg/dL. But, my HbA1c is 6.89 with mean blood glucose at 144. I am going through premenopause and I am 49 years old female. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your message. I think I can help you. This is suggestive of a possible impaired glucose tolerance (IGT). I would suggest getting an oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT). While many do consider it out of date, I think in your case it would yield the dia...  Read Full »

Kindly comment on the results of my semen analysis.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 34 years old. I have been trying for a baby for the past three months. Regarding my semen count, I have a few doubts. I do like to know if it is normal. If not, then how to improve it? After abstaining for one week, the semen sample was given. The result showed grayish white, alkali...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your semen analysis shows lots of dead sperm with low sperm count. It could be due to high blood sugars or some other pathology and that needs to be investigated. Please get the following tests done. TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone). 3 hours glucose tolerance test needs...  Read Full »

Please check my report and let me know if I am a diabetic.

Query: Hi doctor, Please check my report and advise if everything is normal or not.  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reports which you have attached are almost normal except a few (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The other things that are of mention are as follows Your fasting blood sugar is 101. Usually, the cut off we take is 100. The fasting blood sugar value be...  Read Full »

Kindly give your opinion on the routine health checkup report of my mother.

Query: Hi doctor, I am seeking your medical opinion on the routine health checkup done for my mother. She is 76 years old. There is no major health issue like sugar or heart problem. She is mildly hypertensive and is on medication for the last 15 years. Here, I have attached her routine checkup report for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports of your mother (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The only thing of concern here is raised fasting blood sugar 140. You need to perform an oral GTT (oral glucose tolerance test ) to confirm this. As she is aged above 70, kind...  Read Full »

Why am I feeling thirsty and urinating frequently?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a fungal infection in my groin area and even after taking the medication the problem was persistent. The doctor has advised checking diabetes and thyroid. I would like to have a master health checkup including the tests the doctor has suggested. What all should I consider? I am 2...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Master health checkup is better to perform but not absolutely necessary at your age. Fungal infections in the groin area not responding to treatment require an immunosuppressive state to be ruled out. Firstly, if you are on any immunosuppressive drugs, then stop them. The...  Read Full »

Am I diabetic or prediabetic or IGT?

Query: Hi doctor,My friend advised me to check my glucose on her glucometer. The results were as follows after eating a meal with the following nutrition specs: Carbohydrates 98 g, fiber 21 g, protein 28 g, fat: 27 g, saturated fat: 4.5 g, calories: 720. Blood sugar after 1 hour 113, after 2 hours 131 an...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Why are you worried that you have diabetes? Do you have polyuria that is increased frequency or volume of urination or any positive family history or numbness of the feet? Whatever the cause might be with the values you have sent I can assure you that you are not even pre...  Read Full »