Q. Kindly comment on the results of my semen analysis.

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

I am 34 years old. I have been trying for a baby for the past three months. Regarding my semen count, I have a few doubts. I do like to know if it is normal. If not, then how to improve it? After abstaining for one week, the semen sample was given. The result showed grayish white, alkaline, 3 cc, perm count 7 million/cc, active motile 10%, sluggish motile 20%, dead 70% and pus cells 2 to 3 cells/hpf. After two days, I had a test in another laboratory. The result showed pale opaque, alkaline, 2.5 cc, total sperm count 25 million, active motile 20%, sluggish 30%, non-motile 50% and pus cells 4 to 5 cells/hpf. Kindly comment on the results. I have no issues with erection or coitus. What should I do to improve the count?

#

• Please get the following tests done.
  1. TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone).
  2. 3 hours glucose tolerance test needs 12 hours fasting to be done with 75 g of glucose.
  3. Scrotal color Doppler to rule out varicocele.

Revert back with the test reports to an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

|