Q. Do ulcers with white spots inside the mouth after extraction suggest cancer?

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Published on Jan 16, 2020

Ulcers are formed after getting a tooth extraction and have gotten worse and not gone away. They have been there for a month. I am worried it is oral cancer. Also, my tongue is sensitive and my tongue is slightly white, I also got white spots on the inside of my cheek and irritated red spot on my tongue and the roof of the mouth. I was taking Amoxicillin.

#

I have read through your complaint and the relevant details and also saw the pictures you have attached. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The oral ulcer at the corner of your mouth seems to be formed by some external irritating factors like a toothbrush hurt. If that is the same area where tooth extraction was done, it looks perfectly healed. So the ulcer close by can also heal equally. The red and white spots are nothing but oral ulcers that have recurred every now and then. Maybe that is why you say that it is there for more than a month.

Also, I find that you have done tongue piercing. I suspect that is the reason for the red spot ulcers over the roof of your mouth. This also is an indicator of difficulty in maintaining tongue hygiene which resulted in a white tongue. Oral ulcers can be treated by applying a small amount of Dentogel 15 gm on the affected area with clean fingers three to five times daily. Make sure you maintain good oral hygiene too.

Recurrent mouth ulcers also refer to vitamin B deficiencies for which please eat nutritious whole fruits and veggies instead of fried and fast food. Please do not relate it to cancer and get panicked. Once the rooting cause for oral ulcers are removed, then it will heal normally and might not come back. You will be fine.

Blood check for vitamin deficiencies.

Tongue cleanliness: Scraping tongue with blunt plastic tongue cleaner or with the back of the toothbrush head.

| 

I have swelling in perianal area due to G-string. Is it herpes?

Query: Hello doctor, A week back, I wore a G-string that was a little snug and I accidentally fell asleep in it. The next day, I noticed that my perineum and anal area were sore so that night I got a mirror and looked and noticed that there was a straight swollen line from my anus to my vagina opening rig...  Read Full »

Unable to penetrate during vaginal sex. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male. My height is 5'9" and I weigh 95 kg. I got married in January 2014. My wife is 2 years younger than me. She comes from a very simple family and she has had no relationship before marriage. I am the first guy in her life. She is also the first woman...  Read Full »

Is negative RNA PCR test on day 12 a conclusive one?

Query: Hi doctor, A month ago, I had unprotected oral sex with a CSW. On 4th day, I had severe headache and it lasted for five days and I had shaft tip pain for a day. On day 12, I had RNA PCR test and it came back negative. Also, on 12th day I carried CIMA antibody test and that too came back negative. ...  Read Full »