Q. Me and my wife are trying to have intercourse but unable to. Any advice?

Answered by Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Sexual Intercourse or Lignocaine Gel? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Me and my wife are trying to have intercourse but unable to.  Any advice?

• I am a 29 year old male. My height is 5'9" and I weigh 95 kg.
  • I got married in January 2014. My wife is 2 years younger than me. She comes from a very simple family and she has had no relationship before marriage.
  • I am the first guy in her life. She is also the first woman in my life and both of us have never had physical relationship ever before.
  • Now since January 2014, we are trying to have intercourse but unable to.
  • We are wanting to have a baby now, but are really worried with the situation. My wife is very shy and does not know much about sex.
  • I have never masturbated with tool in hand position and I have even tried but I am not able to. I cannot ejaculate in that manner.
  • The moment I lay down on stomach, I ejaculate in less than 20 seconds. I am very worried.
  • My masturbation has become even more regular since I am unable to have sex with my wife.
  • Also my wife is very sensitive when I touch her vagina.
  • Recently she has started enjoying fingering but she resists a lot if I do it with two fingers.
  • I wonder how I will ever penetrate her with such small space.
  • Also we tried penetration a lot of times but the moment I come close to her I lose erection.
  • We are very frustrated and are dying to have a baby.
  • I am very uncomfortable with my foreskin rolled down.
  • I know for penetration the head of the penis needs to be inserted but the head is very very sensitive and that is why I prefer masturbating in laying on stomach position.

Please help us. We want to have a baby now and before that we want to be sexually happy.