Q. Can swelling in perianal area due to G-string mean herpes?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

A week back, I wore a G-string that was a little snug and I accidentally fell asleep in it. The next day, I noticed that my perineum and anal area were sore so that night I got a mirror and looked and noticed that there was a straight swollen line from my anus to my vagina opening right where the string sits. So I did a sitz bath and applied Neosporin and Destin and the pain stopped. This morning I checked on it and it is still swollen but no more pain unless I poke it with ny nail. Is it herpes?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

I have seen your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), looks like perianal area is swollen secondary to explained injury. It will take a little time to heal completely. Kindly follow the following instructions:

1. Lignocaine gel for local application over perianal area before and after defecation.

2. Continue sitz bath for 4 to 6 minutes a day.

3. Tablet Combiflam 400 mg BID for three days.

4. Drink plenty of water.

5. Keep hygiene over perianal area.

| 

So, it does not look like herpes? Because now it looks extremely swollen from me poking it I guess.

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

It does not look like anal herpes. Generally herpes present as a particular dermatome area, around anus but it is swelling in only one localised area. Second thing herpes has persistent itching, and burning like sensation, if you had recently unprotected intercourse, might be it can be simple fungal infection. You can use Canesten S ointment for local application. Do not worry, use above medication.

| 

Top skin of penis is not retracting and gets swollen with white discharge. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, The top skin of my penis is not coming back while masturbation or sex. It is not fully closed from the top but still, it is painful to push it back. If I try it forcefully then after some hours, it gets swollen from the top and some white hard substance comes from inside.  Read Full »

Are body pain, headache and skin rashes symptoms of dengue?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 10 years old. For the past eight days, she has been suffering from body pain, headache, and some skin irritation. Her doctor said that it is pitta acidity. There is no improvement till date. Last year, during rainy season, she had some face and body irritation problem, whic...  Read Full »

I always have an urge to pee after mastubration. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male. Sometimes, after masturbation I feel urge to urinate regularly after every minute even though there is very less urine. Also I feel pain, some pricking and irritation feel while urinating. Sometimes, even without masturbation same problem occurs. Please advise me ...  Read Full »