I have swelling in perianal area due to G-string. Is it herpes?

Q. Can swelling in perianal area due to G-string mean herpes?

Answered by
Dr. Vedprakash Verma
and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 16, 2023

Hello doctor,

A week back, I wore a G-string that was a little snug and I accidentally fell asleep in it. The next day, I noticed that my perineum and anal area were sore so that night I got a mirror and looked and noticed that there was a straight swollen line from my anus to my vagina opening right where the string sits. So I did a sitz bath and applied Neosporin and Destin and the pain stopped. This morning I checked on it and it is still swollen but no more pain unless I poke it with ny nail. Is it herpes?



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have seen your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), looks like perianal area is swollen secondary to explained injury. It will take a little time to heal completely. Kindly follow the following instructions:

1. Lignocaine gel for local application over perianal area before and after defecation.

2. Continue sitz bath for 4 to 6 minutes a day.

3. Tablet Combiflam 400 mg BID for three days.

4. Drink plenty of water.

5. Keep hygiene over perianal area.

Thank you doctor,

So, it does not look like herpes? Because now it looks extremely swollen from me poking it I guess.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

It does not look like anal herpes. Generally herpes present as a particular dermatome area, around anus but it is swelling in only one localised area. Second thing herpes has persistent itching, and burning like sensation, if you had recently unprotected intercourse, might be it can be simple fungal infection. You can use Canesten S ointment for local application. Do not worry, use above medication.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Post herpes attack, I am suffering from Bells's palsy. Please advise.

Hello doctor, Post a severe attack of herpes on the left shoulder, left ear (in and out), chest, and back I am now suffering from Bell's palsy on the left side ...   Read full

I have itchy skin rashes with abdominal cramps and nausea. Will IUD allergy cause such symptoms?

.. gone through your query and reviewed the attached photograph. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems to be an eczematous rash. Also, the rest of the symptoms could be a side effect of the IUD (intrauterine device).   Read full

Can herpes cause feet neuropathy?

I tested negative for HIV but tested positive for herpes 1 and 2 ... Can herpes cause this ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a General Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.