Q. What are the pus like covered sores on tongue?

Dr. Rachna
Published on Nov 05, 2019

I have two sores on my tongue. The sores have a clear to yellow pus like covering on them. What can it be? Please advise.

Dr. Rachna

Dentistry Oral Implantologist
#

Sores can heal better by avoiding acidic or highly salty foods and any other substances that are irritating. An anesthetic such as Lidocaine may be used as a mouth rinse. Sucralfate and Aluminum-magnesium antacids can be soothing when applied alone.

Some mouth sores can be treated with a low-powered laser, which relieves pain immediately and prevents sores from returning. Chemically burning the sore with a small stick coated with silver nitrate may similarly relieve pain but is not as effective as a laser. Also, advise you to do warm salt water rinses to keep the infection at bay.

Why do I have bad breath in spite of flossing and using mouthwash?

Query: Hello doctor, Majority of times after I floss and then brush my teeth afterward I use cool mint Listerine mouthwash. I do not understand what is going on but my fiance says I have an unpleasant smell in my mouth. I do not have to be so close to him talking. After I had a wash with the Listerine, I ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You do not need to be frustrated. It is very common. There are various factors affecting your bad breath. You can try these things to improve your oral hygiene. Avoid foods and beverages that cause bad breath, eat more fruits and vegetables, take sufficient amount of...  Read Full

I have sore throat with white bump. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sore throat for a month now. It is mostly on one side with pain on the right side. I also have a white bump on the same side on the tongue. It is white and soft to touch. I took antibiotics and also did throat culture but only commensals were reported. Before this, I had body ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vedprakash Verma
General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like oropharyngitis, but one month is a prolonged phase, so we have to rule out other cause. Kindly tell if you have any history of diabetes or oral ulcer, or prolonged fever.  Read Full

Is drinking nail polish remover dangerous?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about the side effects of ingesting a small amount¬†of nail polish remover. Here is the scenario. My girlfriend used the nail polish remover on her hands to take off her polish. Immediately after that, we were making out. So, I kind of sucked her fingers and nails. I ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This amount of ingestion of nail polish removal followed by rinsing is not going to cause any ill effects to you except, a change in taste for a few days and oral ulcerations maximum. I do not find any reason to worry. If you have any further queries please ask me. For...  Read Full