Q. Why is Chlorhexidine mouthwash used only twice daily?

Dr. Purva Jingar
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Why is Chlorhexidine mouthwash used only twice and not thrice daily?

#

Chlorhexidine mouthwash is only used twice daily because of the following reasons:

1. It has a property to stain teeth if we use it more
  2. As we brush twice a day, which is recommended for every healthy person, and mouthwash works best after brushing teeth.
  3. Using mouthwash unnecessarily will stain the teeth, and they have chemicals that are not suitable for teeth without brushing.

Wish you good health and happiness.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|