Q. What causes painless black crack inside cheek in a smoker?

Dr. Smitha Yalavarthy
Published on Sep 14, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2019

I have a black type of a crack on the inside of my cheek and lips, no pain, a bit of irritation, and kind of like a small bump. I am a daily smoker and drink occasionally. I noticed it only a week ago. I have been smoking for five years and drinking ocassionally these years.

#

That is an ulcer caused due to biting (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Apply Orafast gel on that and it will heal in 3 to 4 days. That is not an issue but please do not smoke. You know the complications of smoking. It is hard to stop a habit but if we try nothing is impossible. Take care and please inform me if your ulcer is healed or else we will go into the next level of medication.

Does oral or genital herpes show symptoms like bloody blisters in mouth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been getting sores and things that look like blood blisters in my mouth for around six months. I had a swab test and blood work was done to rule out HSV. It came back negative. However, there is still a chance it could be HSV as it takes three to six months to show up in your b...  Read Full »

What homeopathic treatment can be done for dark circles around eyes?

Query: Hello doctor,I have very stubborn dark circles around my eyes especially on the inner corners and my lips have turned dark too.  Read Full »

I have sore throat with white bump. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sore throat for a month now. It is mostly on one side with pain on the right side. I also have a white bump on the same side on the tongue. It is white and soft to touch. I took antibiotics and also did throat culture but only commensals were reported. Before this, I had body ...  Read Full »