Q. What causes painless black crack inside cheek in a smoker?

Dr. Smitha Yalavarthy
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 14, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2019

I have a black type of a crack on the inside of my cheek and lips, no pain, a bit of irritation, and kind of like a small bump. I am a daily smoker and drink occasionally. I noticed it only a week ago. I have been smoking for five years and drinking ocassionally these years.

#

That is an ulcer caused due to biting (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Apply Orafast gel on that and it will heal in 3 to 4 days. That is not an issue but please do not smoke. You know the complications of smoking. It is hard to stop a habit but if we try nothing is impossible. Take care and please inform me if your ulcer is healed or else we will go into the next level of medication.

| 

Does oral or genital herpes show symptoms like bloody blisters in mouth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been getting sores and things that look like blood blisters in my mouth for around six months. I had a swab test and blood work was done to rule out HSV. It came back negative. However, there is still a chance it could be HSV as it takes three to six months to show up in your b...  Read Full »

What homeopathic treatment can be done for dark circles around eyes?

Query: Hello doctor,I have very stubborn dark circles around my eyes especially on the inner corners and my lips have turned dark too.  Read Full »

I have sore throat with white bump. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sore throat for a month now. It is mostly on one side with pain on the right side. I also have a white bump on the same side on the tongue. It is white and soft to touch. I took antibiotics and also did throat culture but only commensals were reported. Before this, I had body ...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»