Q. Is it advisable to take Duphaston for ovarian cyst?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Published on Jan 21, 2019

Today, I had an appointment with a doctor. It looks like I have a small cyst in my ovary. The doctor said, nothing is special but somehow told me to get Duphaston 10 mg for 10 days. Can it cause weight gain? What can be side effects? And if I do not get it and the cyst is not dangerous, can it affect my fertility?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It would be better if you could send me your detailed gynecology, obstetrics, medical, surgical, and drug history. The cyst is a developing large size follicle. If it is less then 4 to 5 mm then it should resolve by itself in the next few months gradually. If you do not have multiple cysts, then you can avoid medication. Duphaston is Progesterone and its side-effect is weight gain if taken for a long time.

If you are observing weight gain, abnormal weight gain along with irregular or scanty periods, then you need only blood tests. So observe for these as well. In the case of multiple ovarian cysts with or without the above symptoms also, you need to have a blood test. Have a balanced diet, weight, and BMI to avoid polycystic ovary.

Ovarian cyst.

Have exercise, yoga, and swimming or exercise to have balanced weight and BMI. More fruits, vegetables, and plenty of water and reduce salt, sugar, oil, and spice.

What can cause weight gain, sweating and tiredness?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I ordered thyrocare test. The test report shows total triiodothyronine (T3) CLIA 117 ng/dL, total thyroxine (T4) CLIA 10.9 µg/dL, thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) CLIA 9.04 µIU/mL, FT3 - 3.03, FT4 - 1.08 and anti-microsomal antibody (AMA) - 315. My BP is 145/90 mmHg. I have s...  Read Full »

How to consume Kalarchi Choornam to get rid of multiple ovarian cysts?

Query: Hi doctor, How to consume Kalarchi Choornam to completely get rid of multiple cysts in both ovaries. It is not pcod but countless multiple cysts on both ovaries. Please clarify, how much and how many times should I consume daily? And for how long? Is it fine to take the medicine during menstrual cy...  Read Full »

Can Kalarchikai cure multiple ovarian cysts in PCOD?

Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple small cysts in both ovaries (PCOS). Our family friend suggested me to consume Kalarchikai medicine, powdered mixed with pepper and honey to have it for one mandalam (48 days). I have completed nearly 44 days by consuming one small ball of the mixture every morning and ...  Read Full »