Q. Is it advisable to take Duphaston during pregnancy?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana
Published on Jan 26, 2019

My wife is pregnant for about five weeks. So the doctor suggested Duphastone three times, JC Folate one time, Myocyst two times a day. My wife has got miscarriage two times before that and she was also treated for PCOD last one year. I am scared about Duphastone.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

Family Physician Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have gone through the case summary. As she has had PCOD, in such patient, there is a deficiency of pregnancy hormone Progesterone. So we have to give from outside to support pregnancies. There is a history of two miscarriages. Can you tell me where did they occur and at what time of gestation was the heartbeat present? When the ultrasound was done? I think we should start tablet Ecosprin 75 mg once a day if not yet started. There is no fear about Duphaston as it is safe during pregnancy. Many studies have been done to know about the safety of Duphaston. So you should not worry.

What is causing frequent miscarriages?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had four miscarriages in a row. One had a subchronic hematoma. Is there a reason for this or a way to stop? I have given live births but now I cannot keep a child. What can I do?  Read Full »

Counseling for Newlyweds

Article Overview: Do not wait until you have a problem to seek marriage counseling. Counseling can help newlyweds with their communication skills, sexual relationship, and much more. Read Article

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Psychologist Counsellor

Most people enter the marriage life with unrealistic expectations of a dream life influenced by some popular songs and movies. But soon their dreams are shattered and their married life gets ruined before it takes off. Ideally, couples should seek premarital counseling before getting married. Howev...  Read Article

Should I meet my gynecologist for missed period?

Query: Hi doctor, My LMP was 7th of last month. I have done my urine test and it came negative. Also, I have tested beta hCG and it is less than 1. But, I have missed my period without any symptoms. Why? Do I need to visit a gynecologist regarding this missed period?  Read Full »