Q. Is it advisable to take Duphaston during pregnancy?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

My wife is pregnant for about five weeks. So the doctor suggested Duphastone three times, JC Folate one time, Myocyst two times a day. My wife has got miscarriage two times before that and she was also treated for PCOD last one year. I am scared about Duphastone.

#

I have gone through the case summary. As she has had PCOD, in such patient, there is a deficiency of pregnancy hormone Progesterone. So we have to give from outside to support pregnancies. There is a history of two miscarriages. Can you tell me where did they occur and at what time of gestation was the heartbeat present? When the ultrasound was done? I think we should start tablet Ecosprin 75 mg once a day if not yet started. There is no fear about Duphaston as it is safe during pregnancy. Many studies have been done to know about the safety of Duphaston. So you should not worry.

|