Ovarian Torsion

What happens when ovarian torsion is left untreated?

Query: Hi this question is for my wife- my wife was admitted to the emergency because of left side abdominal/flank pain. Found out she has a mass on her ovary that caused torsion on her left ovary. About less than a month ago she had a mild heart attack and had 2 stents put in. They don’t want to do ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: hello I totally understand your concern and distress. This situation of your wife is indeed very trick and complicated too. I see you haven't mentioned the age of your wife. If Mentioned it would be really helpful for me to gauge few things. As your doctors have said, I absolutely agree to that, ...  Read Full »

Does emergency surgery necessary for ruptured ovarian cyst?

Query: Hello doctor, I was seen over the weekend at the ER. They did a CT scan and saw an ovarian cyst that they believed wrapped around the ovary and ruptured. They also saw liquid in the uterus. I have only one ovary as this has happened before years ago. They thought it was an emergency and were prepar...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fact that there is a large ovarian cyst which has invariably made the ovary bulky and the presence of acute onset of pain in the lower abdomen which if waxing and waning type may indicate a possible torsion of the ovary which is common in the presence of large cy...  Read Full »

My period is late, and I have pain on the right side. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My period is approximately 3 weeks late, and I have been having sharp lower abdominal pain on the right side. Do you have any idea of what could it be? Thank you!  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your menses have been delayed for over a week now and if it had been regular all this while, then the first thing which needs to be done is to rule out pregnancy. A urine pregnancy test will help you rule out pregnancy. If the pregnancy is ruled out, then the like...  Read Full »

I have been getting period cramps but have not got periods. What can it be?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old female. My period is delayed and I am sexually active. I have not had unprotected sex. The problem is 2 years back I was diagnosed with fibroadenoma . No biopsy was done but doctor told it was probably that. Now when my period got delayed, I started having period cramp ...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fibroadenoma is a benign breast tumor but it is hormone dependent. The pain in abdomen you described seems like a premenstrual pain. At times our periods can get delayed due to hormonal imbalance. Stress, change in environment, etc., can change or trigger a hormonal im...  Read Full »