Ovarian Tumor

How can a 4 cm dermoid ovarian cyst be treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and I had my right ovary and tube removed during C-section, due to a 4.5 cm dermoid cyst. The cyst was found during an ultrasound scan, five years back. The surgeon said a cystectomy was no possible because the cyst had completely replaced the ovary. Could you p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Let me tell you, your right-sided cyst was having benign germ cell tumor that is a dermoid cyst, which is called as a mature cystic teratoma. Such a cyst is filled with cheesy mate...  Read Full »

Are there any medicines available to cure multiple cysts in ovary?

Query: Hi doctor, My niece aged 14 years weighs 60 kg. Recently her monthly cycles are not proper and she is having heavy pain at times in a day in her lower area. Recently we consulted a gynecologist and recommended to go for ultrasound scan of whole abdomen. In the scan report under ovaries section it ...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. I am really sorry to know your niece is suffering from stomach and irregular cycles. I understand it can be a very annoying problem. By the ultrasound report that you have given here, it seems your niece has PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). I...  Read Full »

Does high CA-125 confirm that I have cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a history of inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor detected at the age of 11 years, which was around 12 years back and had undergone an operation for the same. Currently, my CA-125 in serum is 125.37 U/ml. The ultrasound scan revealed large multiloculated well-defined bilateral adn...  Read Full »

Dr. Raghu

General Surgeon, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your reports, there seem to be ovarian tumors on both sides. The type of tumor, either benign or malignant, can be revealed only after removal. It may be unrelated to your previous tumor. The value of CA-125 though raised does not indicate malignancy. It is mar...  Read Full »

How can we treat cyst in the ovary?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years female. I have a cyst with echoes in the right ovary measuring 53 x 52 mm found during ultrasound. What to do? I am taking tablet Thyronorm 150 mg.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The cyst in the right ovary is found with thick walls and shows internal echoes, with size more than 4 mm. Ideally, the differentiation is needed to be done to know whether it is endom...  Read Full »

I am a 17 year old girl. Using estrogen for about 10 months now. I have become more feminine and contented.

Query: Hello, I am a 17 year old girl. I am using estrogen for about 10 months now. I became more feminine and contented, it has changed my life, but when I stop using it, in time I become the same as I was before. So I would want to ask you if I could block my testosterone if  I am under 18? This would b...  Read Full »

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing icliniq.com.There are so many ways to block the testosterone naturally. As you are already using estrogen, I must tell you that there will be more complications with that in long term use. As there are many causes of increased testosterone you need to be diagnosed by a pro...  Read Full »

Kindly explain whether my cytology report shows metastatic breast cancer cells.

Query: Hi doctor, I had my cytology report from pelvic wash before hysterectomy. I need some clarifications on the pathology report. The report showed atypical cells - reactive mesothelial cells, enlarged and crowded nuclei, positive for calretinin and negative for Ber-EP4. Could these be metastatic breas...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned the reason for which hysterectomy was done. Before giving a comment, the location of mass should be known. Usually, calretinin stain applied to differentiate between mesothelioma and other metastatic carcinoma or adenocarcinomas. Calretinin can be...  Read Full »