Q. How to control my habit of overthinking?

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

I have a habit of overthinking simple things, and I make them complicated. I always waste my time and energy on deducing the multiple outcomes of a simple thing, which others may not even think about it. I make things complicated, and I repeatedly contradict my own words. I feel guilty. I do not want to waste my energy on this act. Please help.

#

Sometimes we do not have control over our thoughts. The train of our thoughts goes running continuously, and sometimes it reaches a destination which is so different than the actual goal. You are the driver, but your mind guides you to go. But sometimes guide starts to give wrong guidance even though the driver knows the route or he crosses the reached destination. Then, the guide will provide an emergency brake to the driver for achieving the actual goal.

So whenever you think unnecessarily, give a message to your mind that you are giving me a wrong note. Say your brain to stop thinking about it and decide what you want. Try to know what is right and what is wrong. Be a smart driver of your train.

|