People with body mass index (BMI) of 25 or more are said to be overweight. Generally, a person becomes overweight by consuming more calories and leading a sedentary life. The other reasons include depression, hormonal imbalance, eating disorder, alcoholism, stress, and genetic predisposition.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

How to get rid of stretch marks present all over the stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I weigh 91 kg and my height is 5'10". Currently, I am on no medication. I have stretch marks almost all over my body and have been having this for the last 6-7 years. The stretch marks are present on my stomach, shoulder blades, forearm intersection, lower back...  Read Full »

Dr. Gauri Kshirsagar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a body mass index - BMI of 28 which comes in overweight category. Stretch marks result from excessive stretching of the skin. So, I will highly recommend you to reduce weight by at least 7-8 kg. Once stretch marks are formed, they are hard to treat. Number ...  Read Full »

My 9-year-old son has a high triglyceride level and weighs 110 lbs. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor,My son is nine years old, his triglyceride level is 103 mg/dL high, globulin is 2.0 L, and his weight is about 110 lbs. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashchandra Nagar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. As per the limited information provided, two things are clear, your son has raised triglycerides level, and his weight is above the 95th centile for his age which comes in the category of obesity. The positive side is his glucose levels are n...  Read Full »

Please give me suggestions after seeing my blood profile reports.

Query: Hello doctor, Today I checked my blood profile. I have attached my blood report. Please give me suggestions.  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are no major abnormalities as such. However, I have noticed the following derangements. 1. Your Hb is borderline, and MCV and MCH are low which is suggestive of iron deficiency. ...  Read Full »

Why are my periods always super irregular?

Query: Hello doctor,I started my period when I was 11. I am now 24. My period has always been super irregular. I can go on for 60 to 75 days with no period. It will be on time for two months, then back to missing two months. I have talked to my doctor multiple times but never really got an answer. I have o...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are overweight (BMI is high) for your height. It could be polycystic ovaries. Do you have abnormal hair growth near the chin, on the side of your face, on the abdomen, and around the nipple? I will suggest a few tests. Get it done on day 2 or day 3 of your perio...  Read Full »

I am overweight and have elevated TSH levels despite taking medications. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have had thyroid issues for six years. My TSH level is 8.6 mlU/L, and my weight is 102 Kg. What medication should I take to control the thyroid levels and lose weight? I am currently taking Thyronorm 150 mcg.Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query and understand your concern. From what you have mentioned, it appears that you have hypothyroidism. I suggest that instead of increasing your dose of Thyronorm, which is giving you palpitations, it is better to continue at your current dose. Try to take...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for skin damaged due to poor circulation.

Query: Hi doctor, I have dealt with leg swelling fairly constant for the last 10 years. The bottom of my legs including my ankles and feet are swollen every day. They have turned very dark. The discoloration was happening for about the last five years and has gotten worse over time. Basically, it will not ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. It seems that you are having stasis dermatitis. It is a common inflammatory skin disease in middle-aged and elderly patient. Stasis dermatitis occurs more commonly on the lower extremities. It is usually the earliest cutaneous manifes...  Read Full »

Why is there a rise in my ESR values?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 41-year-old female with no health problems as such. For the last six months, I have had ESR values of 61, then 82, and then again 61. My ESR was 60, even two years ago. My physician prescribed me multivitamins. Now I have got my 12-year-old daughter who hit puberty last year and...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause of raised ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) in females is low hemoglobin. For every 1 g decrease in hemoglobin below 13 g, the ESR will rise by about 5. ESR has no significance unless the person has underlying inflammation. You need to men...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest me some good ways to lose weight healthily.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male who is overweight. I weighed myself, my weight was between 190 to 200 lbs, and my height is 5'7". I cannot accurately say what my diet consists of. But I eat eggs, bread, and vegetables too often, but I do not eat fruits. I am sedentary, but I struggle with OCD and can eat ...  Read Full »

Dr. Radha Peruvemba Hariharan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are overweight, and it can be controlled or reduced with proper diet and exercise. Please reduce your calorie intake because being sedentary will not make you burn the calories you take, and it will again accumulate as fat. So, kindly take plenty of green leafy ...  Read Full »

What should be done for the abnormalities shown in the blood test report?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a diabetic patient and I take Cetapin XR 1000 twice a day but, due to some irregularity and working stress my fasting sugar is now 140. In my test report, some other abnormalities were also present, which I have mentioned below: Triglyceride: 151 Cholesterol HDL direct: 35 Cholest...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your reports, I observe you have vitamin D deficiency, subclinical hypothyroidism, transaminitis, and reduced HDL. You are overweight. So, I would advise you to involve in physical exercises, brisk walking, and make dietary modifications. For diabetes, ...  Read Full »

I am 18 years old, and I want to reduce my weight. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old female who wants to lose weight as I am a bit overweight, but there are chances of lockdown. Please help. Thank you.  Read Full »

Vishal Kumar Wadi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please share your daily routine and food intake with time. I will suggest a diet plan accordingly. Thank you.  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.