Q. My mother's oxygen level has dropped to 93%. Can you please look at the report and advice?

Dr. N. Ashok Viswanath

My mother was affected with COVID-19 around nine days ago. She experienced fever (only for a couple of days), cough is present still, and there is so much weakness. Today, her pulse oximeter dropped to 93%, and we had a CT Scan. She is currently on an oxygen bed under doctor care. Can you please look at the reports and advice?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

#

I understand your concern. Do not worry. Oxygen saturation of 93% is acceptable. Oxygen is needed when the SpO2 drops less than 90%. Your mother will be fine.

1) Please ask your mother to do breathing exercises with a respirometer.

2) Do not do any strenuous work. Take good rest.

3) Give food rich in flavonoids like green tea.

4) Give food rich in proteins like cereal.

5) Give food rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Zinc, and Folic acid.

6) Give milk with crushed ginger, pepper, and turmeric two times a day.

7) Keep her hydrated.

8) Breathing exercise, nutrition, hydration plays a crucial role in recovery. Continue the medications as advised by your doctor. Keeping the mind calm and positive is very mandatory now.

She will be fine in few days. So do not worry or get stressed.

Thank you doctor for the reply,

She is weak. What should I do about this? Please advice me.

#

The doctor is going right. SpO2 fluctuates. It will become stable and start increasing once your mother starts to improve. She will be in the recovery phase of illness now. She will be fine in few days. Do not worry.

Take care.

|