Q. Kindly suggest medicines to manage pulmonary artery hypertension patient.

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

My mother is 48 years old and she is suffering as a PAH patient. Her doppler comments are E/A ratio is reversed TR, MR is seen and the conclusion is severe TR or severe PAH and preserve left ventricular functions. Dilated RA/RV and she had HRCT and opinion is severe thoracic scoliosis with secondary lumber curve, pulmonary artery hypertension with bilateral perihilar interstitial edema cardiomegaly and current medicine used is Clopidogrel and Asprin, Digoxin, Bosentan, Ramipril ACE, Furosemide, Budesonide, Salbutamol, etc., but her recovery is nil. Please suggest the best medicine for her.

#

I can understand your concern. I have gone through the reports you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Honestly speaking, she is having irreversible diseases. Her lung functions are not good, similarly, pulmonary artery hypertension is also bad. She is having fixed spinal deformity so it is impossible to revert this with drugs. So the best treatment for her would be home oxygen therapy along with other drugs. She can take Tadalafil along with Bosentan for better control of PAH (pulmonary artery hypertension). Do let me know if she is already taking home oxygen. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your mother.

|