Q. Why do I feel pain and burning sensation during sexual intercourse?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 02, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2020

I am a 26 year old female. I feel pain and burning sensation during sexual intercourse. I can allow only 5 cm of penetration and it becomes more painful with pressure. Please help me.

#

I can understand your concern.

• A lot of females suffer such problems during sexual intercourse. Have you used some lubricants during sexual intercourse?
  • Use of water based lubricants like K-Y jelly helps to smoothen the penetration and thus reduces pain.
  • If the problem persists even after that, then another option is to use Lignocaine jelly (Lignocaine hydrochloride) just a few minutes before penetration. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • I suggest you to apply Lignocaine jelly over the external part of the vaginal wall. Within a few minutes this will reduce the severity and will also help with lubrication. In my opinion the pain will definitely reduce after regular intercourse.
  • If the penis is not able to penetrate beyond 5 cm, then try to penetrate your finger in vagina after taking proper precautions for the infection.
  • If you are able to penetrate vaginal normally, then no need to worry. If any mass like lesion or obstruction felt, then consult an obstetrician and get a physical examination done to rule out the cause of obstruction.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|