Q. I feel pain during sex. I tried lubricants. But nothing works.

Dr. Pankaj Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 14, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

• I feel pain during sex.
  • It has been 5 months after my C-section.
  • I tried lubricants during sex, like lube, vaseline and oil.
  • But nothing works.The pain remains the same.

Please suggest remedy for this issue of mine.

#

• You have given very little information regarding your query as you have not mentioned your age, marital status, number of children, age when you got married, number of past surgeries (C-sections).
  • Pain during sex has many causes.
  • It may include past C-section also and there many other factors responsible for pain during sex like your age, number of children etc., which has been mentioned above.
  • I would like to suggest that you should never use oil based lubricants during sex.
  • Oil based lubricants can cause problems to you, as they may often lead to UTI (Urinary Tract Infection).
  • Use of oil based lubricants during sexual act makes it difficult to keep the vaginal area clean after the act, thereby leading to bacterial growth and UTI.
  • So, always use water based lubricants like K-Y jelly which is a water-based lubricant and is available over the counter in most of the countries.
  • You also can meet to your local gynaecologist for local area/per-vaginal examination to rule out any local pathology as soon as possible.

Revert back with the above mentioned details to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|