Q. I have severe breast pain with fullness from ovulation to periods. Is it hormonal imbalance?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Published on Dec 24, 2018

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for five months now. The past few months I have been noticing severe breast pain throughout my entire breast and fullness of both breasts from ovulation until the time I get my period. I read that this could be indicative of a hormone imbalance? My periods are regular and I typically have 30 days cycles.

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Symptoms you have described are effects given by hormones produced before menses and after ovulation. As you are trying to conceive as well and active sexually, the body tries to respond to that too. Attempts for trying to conceive stimulates and activates hormones more efficiently. So those hormonal presence gives effects as well, like breast tenderness. If the pain or tenderness is there all over the cycle and on a specific side only then you need to worry and consult breast specialist.

Hot fomentation, warm baths and then oil massage could be helpful. Have folic acid daily. Try to have a complete treatment of any health issue you have. A daily walk and exercise to have normal BMI. Have recreational activities and quit recreational drugs.

Hormonal changes of the cycle.

Massage, hot fomentation, warm bath. Can have tablet Postan 500 mg for severe pain.

Folic acid, sex in the fertile period.

Why is there pain from breast bone to shoulder and down the arm?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a pain that goes from my breast bone under my left breast up to my left shoulder and down my arm. It is a dull consistent pain but sometimes becomes sharp. I am a six time MI patient and have had two light strokes. I had a similar pain three years back during a massive hea...  Read Full »

Why are my periods delayed after taking the I-pill?

Query: Hello doctor, I got my periods 48 days before. I had an unprotected sex 40 days ago after which I took an I-pill. I had slight bleeding after one week for three to four days. I again had sex 11 days ago during which condom got ruptured. So, I again took an I-pill the same night. I have not got my p...  Read Full »

I feel pain in breasts when they are pressed. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. Since a week or so, I am having pain in my breasts when they are pressed hard or pressed suddenly. Is it something to worry? What to do? I think once it was pressed too hard by my partner and so it started paining. Please help.  Read Full »