Q. I have severe breast pain with fullness from ovulation to periods. Is it hormonal imbalance?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for five months now. The past few months I have been noticing severe breast pain throughout my entire breast and fullness of both breasts from ovulation until the time I get my period. I read that this could be indicative of a hormone imbalance? My periods are regular and I typically have 30 days cycles.

#

Symptoms you have described are effects given by hormones produced before menses and after ovulation. As you are trying to conceive as well and active sexually, the body tries to respond to that too. Attempts for trying to conceive stimulates and activates hormones more efficiently. So those hormonal presence gives effects as well, like breast tenderness. If the pain or tenderness is there all over the cycle and on a specific side only then you need to worry and consult breast specialist.

Hot fomentation, warm baths and then oil massage could be helpful. Have folic acid daily. Try to have a complete treatment of any health issue you have. A daily walk and exercise to have normal BMI. Have recreational activities and quit recreational drugs.

Hormonal changes of the cycle.

Massage, hot fomentation, warm bath. Can have tablet Postan 500 mg for severe pain.

Folic acid, sex in the fertile period.

|