Hormonal Changes

Hormonal changes or imbalance occurs when there are changes in the levels of hormones in the bloodstream. As hormones regulate metabolism, appetite, heart rate, body temperature, growth, and sexual functions, even a small change can cause significant symptoms.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I experienced a pregnancy loss recently, and my bleeding has not stopped yet. Why so?

Query: Hi doctor, The bleeding after my pregnancy loss has not stopped. The previous reports show there was RPOC, and now my TVS is normal. There seemed to be a slight hormonal imbalance and I was taking Dronis 30 and Tranexamic acid. The bleeding has started again and does not stop. Kindly help me resolve...  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for trusting us with your health care. I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. As per your description, these symptoms could be due to hormonal imbalance. Get your pelvic ultrasound to see the endometrial thickness. If required, dilatio...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for me to bleed dark red after four months of stillbirth?

Query: Hello doctor,Four months back, I had a full term stillbirth. I am trying to conceive again. My menstrual cycles are 28 days, and I bleed for five days. This month, my periods were late by two days, and I had bright red blood for two days. The home pregnancy test was negative. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan. R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I am sorry about your previous loss. Even though you have delivered, your hormonal balance will take few months to stabilize. Also, the normal blood loss during delivery or cesarean section, the mental stress of delivery, and the incidents occurring aft...  Read Full »

Are my gums sensitive due to my periods?

Query: Hello,My teeth have felt a bit tender for the last few days, and my gums are a bit swollen and red. Today the pain is more than usual. I suspect that my gums are inflamed, and I am experiencing tightness and pain on the right side of my mouth. The pain arises above my teeth, and there is some rednes...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. Please do not worry. I think this swelling is due to hormonal fluctuations, which results in an inflammatory response. It increases vasodilation (widening of the blood vessels) and results in swelling and vague pain. I...  Read Full »

Follicle develops into big cyst every month. Doctor says, it is because of subserosal fibroid. Is this correct?

Query: Hi, My wife has regular periods. All tests are normal. Her follicle develops into a big cyst every month. Doctor says it is because of subserosal fibroid. Is this correct?  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should consult a gynaecologist and get her hormonal profile done to rule out other causes if any. Follicular cyst may be because of PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) or it may be because of subserosal fibroid and also it can be because of hormonal changes. Sub...  Read Full »

Can we win over thyroid problem by taking homeopathy medicines?

Query: Hello Doctor, My mother has thyroid problem. She is taking homeopathy medicines. Thyroid problem not corrected. She is 40 years old, weight 42 Kg, height 5 feet. What should she do? She feels weak. Can we win over this thyroid problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully appreciate your concerns. You have not mentioned whether thyroid is underworking or overworking. Thyroid gland produces thyroid hormone. Thyroid hormone deficiency occurs if thyroid gland is underactive (Hypothyroidism). Under these circumstances, the patient need...  Read Full »

After having protected intercourse, my partner took an I-pill immediately. Can she get pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, My fiance and I are indulged in sexual intercourse with contraceptive and immediately took an i-pill (morning after pill). After 5 days she was bleeding and having little cramps for 3 days. Now she her periods delayed by 17 days and urine test are saying negative. Shall we go for a bl...  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The chances of pregnancy are very less in your case, but no method is 100% effective, because you had protected intercourse and had I-pill too. I-pill may change your cycle because of hormonal changes caused by I-pill. You should consult a gynecologist and get your blood ...  Read Full »

Is it normal for me to bleed lightly for almost a month?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22-years-old female. I am having light bleeding for more than a month. I never had any sexual intercourse. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Nisha Marhatta

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.At your age, having a prolonged menstrual period is most likely due to some internal hormone upset. Since you have not provided me with details of the past, kindly answer me to understand your menstrual cycle better.1) At what age you started getting periods?2) How regular ...  Read Full »

I have a delay in period with bright red bleeding now. Is it a miscarriage?

Query: Hello doctor, My periods were late by six days. I had taken five pregnancy tests, and all were negative. I have a dull ache in my lower back and cramps on my right side. Now, I am bleeding bright red, and the flow is mild. Could this be a miscarriage, or is it my normal period? I had a few pregna...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H. Mavani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the five tests were negative and you have started bleeding, you are not pregnant. Because urine pregnancy tests can be positive for a variable period, they can be positive from the 10th day to two months, even after an abortion. So, you are not pregnant. Symptoms ...  Read Full »

Why are my menstrual periods delayed by three days?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old. My period is delayed by three days. This is not normal for me. I took two pregnancy tests and they both came back negative.  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan. R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I do not see any reason for you to worry. Having a cycle of 28 days plus or minus seven is considered alright. You do not need to worry about it. You can wait up to 14 days after the expected date of periods. Only by the age of 19 to 21 years...  Read Full »

Is it possible to improve a woman's sexual drive after reaching menopause?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 48 years old. I am under menopausal period. My husband is 62 years old. But we are still sexually active. I cannot meet his need like usual. It seems like my sexual drive got totally shut off and when I did an attempt to serve him once, he complaints to me that my vagina is too dr...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hello madam. Good morning. I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. I have gone through the details provided by you. I want to tell you that there are a lot of hormonal changes in the body during menopause and it results in the situation bei...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.