Pain Killer

Why do I feel dizzy after taking Ibuprofen?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 18 year old female, and I weigh 135 lbs and 5.4 feet tall. I take birth control pills every night, along with two 500 mcg Biotin and two 500 mg cranberry pills. Tonight, I had a headache, so I accidentally took two 800 mg Ibuprofen tablets without thinking about it. I feel extremel...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? You do not need to worry about any of these symptoms. Let me explain. Biotin and Cranberry are health supplements, they do not affect the body adversely. Birth control pills, regularize the hormonal status in the body. So, they have no effect too. But f...  Read Full »

Is there any way to manage jaw pain in bilateral condylar fracture other than using pain killers?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is suffering from jaw pain since last three years. She had an accident before two years. She suffered bilateral condyle fractures. Closed fixation and conservative approach was done but after four weeks, case went bad with open bite issue. So again she went for closed fixat...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Send me your most recent OPG (orthopantomogram) x ray digital image for examination before I could give an opinion.  Read Full »

I feel pain and swelling in the tooth extracted area. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, 4 days ago, I got four teeth removed, but it was more like 8 because my teeth were broken and at gum level. Since then, I noticed what seems like a slither of tooth appearance. Then, as of yesterday a big what looks to be tooth has suddenly surfaced and it is swollen around that area ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have to take the painkiller three times a day for five days atleast. The pain will be there for first three to four days, and the wound will appear like yellowish-white color. It is normal, so do not touch the area at all and avoid brushing in the area also. If t...  Read Full »

Will Anafortan injection cause any harmful effect in a 9 month pregnant women?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has completed her eighth month of pregnancy and just started with the ninth month. This is her first pregnancy. She is feeling a labor pain, but the doctor told that it is not labor pain, and she will not deliver now and wait for 15 days. Doctor gave Anafortan injection to red...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As this is the first pregnancy, I would like to give a few general information. Now, after completion of the eighth month, there are mainly two types of pain which a female is going to perceive. 1) False labor pain and 2) Backache due to pregnancy itself. False la...  Read Full »

Can excessive masturbation and sex cause pimple in my penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male, who is in good health. So, here is the story. It first started two weeks ago. My girlfriend thought it would be fun to remove my pubic hair one night. She started the waxing process, but after the first removal strips had been off, I decided I was never going t...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all, I would like to tell you that you only have small bumps over the shaft of the penis. There is no discharge, redness, itching or tingling. Most of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) results in discharge, mild fever, and ...  Read Full »

What is the recovery time after the removal of horizontally impacted wisdom tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old and had my lower wisdom tooth removed eight days ago. They were horizontally impacted. My question is why am I still in pain? I do not have pain in my extraction site. The pain is in the hinges of my jaw and down in my jaw bone. My extraction site looks fine, pink hea...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This type of extraction (lower wisdom tooth) is difficult and usually takes at least two weeks of healing time. It can be painful till then due to removal of some bone from the sides of the impacted wisdom teeth. Think as if you had a fracture in that area; fractures u...  Read Full »

What causes pain in penis after masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, My query relates to two protruding veins, on the left side of the penis shaft. The area is quite painful. This occurred, I guess, due to vigorous masturbation. I would like to hear your advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Veins are normally present in the penis, and they get dilated and prominent during an erection. But, they are never painful unless there is an injury or inflammation. Kindly send me a picture to help me diagnose. You are likely to get relief if you abstain from sexual...  Read Full »

What causes pain under left rib cage when bending over?

Query: Hello doctor, Every time I am sitting down and taking a deep breath, the left side of my rib cage hurts. Even when I bend over to take a deep breath, it stills hurts and it only happens when I am sitting down, bending over or I am laying on the left side. What could this be? It also feels a little ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  According to your complaints, I think you might have a sore cartilage between the ribs also known as costochondritis unless and until ruled out. If you recently did some heavy workout, lifted something heavy or had a hit on the left part, then the chances of having a...  Read Full »

What can be done for severe tooth pain during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,I am five months pregnant and I am having severe pain in my teeth since morning. I have taken Dolo 650 but the pain is the same.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Even though you are pregnant, it is completely safe to do any dental treatment in this trimester (four to six months). It is also safe to take X-rays in this trimester. Dolo 650 is basically a Paracetamol tablet which is a very mild painkiller. It can only relieve pain ...  Read Full »

Please suggest safe painkillers for toothache.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having pain inside my mouth. At the top of my mouth, it is like a bubble and so painful. The nerves are making me having a toothache on the right side of my mouth. I have had this for three days now and took a few painkillers. Now, my stomach hurts like bloating and twitching....  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got gastritis due to painkillers. Avoid spicy, fatty and oily food. Have some walk after having food instead of taking rest and take multiple small meals instead of heavy meals. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any. You can get prescribed tablet Pan DSR 40 mg (Domp...  Read Full »