Q. What could be the possible reason for pain on my face?

Dr. Mehak Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

I am having pain in my right side of the face between the temple and cheekbone. I am getting a stabbing pain when I press there. I am also suffering from sinus and taking Sinarest and antibiotic. What can I do?

#

Do you have a CT scan of your paranasal sinus (PNS)?

If you have sinusitis, then you have to continue antibiotic and decongestant for at least a week.

Also, you need to take a steroid nasal spray along with decongestant nose drop.

Chronic sinusitis has to be operated and acute can be cured with medicines.

The pain between your temple and cheek is a very vague symptom. This pain cannot be due to maxillary sinusitis.

Revert back with the report to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

What could be the other reason for this kind of pain?

#

It can be a neuralgic pain or due to temporal arteritis. But, in the latter one, the pain will be more severe.

For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

No, the pain is not very severe. What is the difference between neuralgic pain and temporal arteritis?

#

The neuralgic pain is twitching type or sharp in nature.

• Sinusitis pain is dull aching. It lasts for a long time and associated with nasal block and thick nasal discharge.
  • Temporal arteritis is severe pain associated with the eye symptoms.
  • We shall rule out sinusitis. I would like to know if you have got a CT scan PNS done. If not, then get it done and let me know the reports.

Revert back with the reports to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

| 

Does numbness, burning and tingling sensation on face mean trigeminal neuralgia?

Query: Hello doctor, Three and a half months ago I started with numbness, burning and tingling on the left side of my face. I had been very sick with a chest cold. One week later I had blisters on my upper left palate, I went to the doctor and she said definitely shingles. Now l never had any pain or sens...  Read Full »

I am pregnant and I have nerve pain all over my face. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old female with a height of 5 feet 5 inches weighing 140 pounds, healthy, non-smoking, non-drinking female with no drugs and no other known health problems. Two months ago, I was exposed to HSV-1 and then seven days later, I was tested positive for HSV-1 oral with IgG ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for sinusitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 69 year old male and retired internist. Other than vitamins and prostate-related herbs, I take no medication. I have no allergies and have never smoked. My past medical or surgical history is rather unremarkable. I have had several bouts of acute sinusitis in years past. Four week...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»