Q. Can wearing glasses cause nose, head, and eye pain?

Dr. Manish Mahabir

I have severe nose pain due to wearing glasses and it makes my head and eye pain. I do not know what is the problem with the nose bridge because it pains so much while wearing glasses as I have a high power. I need to wear at all time. Is the problem with my glasses?

#

As you told, that your nose bridge starts paining after using high power glasses, there are a few measures that you can take. Use high index glasses, they are thinner and lighter. Try smaller frames, the weight of glasses will be less. If you have high minus power or high myopia, get your retinal examination done to rule out any lattices or weak spot. You can try contact lenses. Go for glasses removal procedures like LASIK or SMILE or ICL (implantable Collamer lens surgery) as appropriate.

|