Q. I am concerned about the palpitations episode. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 24, 2021

Earlier at work, I experienced the most bizarre episode of palpitations I can remember. I do find them to occur fairly regularly once in every couple of days. Today, however, rather than just the one small bubbling and skipping feeling, it happened in sequences shortly one after the other for around four times. It went on for about 30 seconds and had me pretty concerned that I had some attack. Any of your help would be appreciated. Thank you.

#

There are two possibilities like heart issues and even anxiety related.

It is likely to be a cardiac arrhythmia like premature complexes, PSVT (paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia) or atrial fibrillation.

We first need to find out the cause, and so you should get one ECG done. If ECG is not informative, then you will need a 24-hour Holter monitoring if symptoms are occurring on a daily basis. So, visit a nearby cardiologist for these investigations.

Also, get one thyroid test done. Is there any stress or anxiety associated, as it can be related to it as well?

Until the time your evaluation is complete, you can ask your local doctor for tablet Ciplar LA 20 mg Propranolol or other beta blockers once a day.

You should avoid smoking, alcohol or drug if doing.

Revert with the reports to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|