Q. What can be done for low blood pressure and heart rate with palpitations?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

I am having heart palpitations. I have low blood pressure and low heart rate.

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiology
#

I understand your concern. You should know that some palpitations are quite normal in every healthy individual, especially during physical activity and anxiety. Anyway, as you are feeling them more frequently lately, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician and performing some tests like a resting ECG, complete blood count for anemia, blood electrolytes for possible imbalance, thyroid hormone levels, an ambulatory 24 to 48 hours, ECG monitoring in order to examine your heart rhythm trends for a prolonged time and investigate for possible arrhythmia. You should discuss with your doctor on the above tests.

Anxiety or cardiac arrhythmia.

Holter monitoring, blood electrolytes, thyroid hormones level.

| 

Did you review the images I had attached? I can totally feel when my heartbeat is irregular and kind of sluggish. Recently had blood work and ECG and all was fine.

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiology
#

I reviewed your uploaded files (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They look normal regular rhythm. But they are short recordings and it is difficult to predict the entire day-night period in case a possible arrhythmia happens. More professional devices are serving such purpose being able to register the heart rhythm for prolonged periods of time. Those laboratory tests should be done as they may reveal potential factors of your complaints.

| 

My blood pressure is erratic. Can you help ?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old. Recently, I started having high blood pressure. It goes up and down a lot. At some times, it is 170/90, and at others, it is 130/80. Recently I have done a blood test, where my Hb was 10.52, cholesterol was 152, triglyceride was 165, HDL 28 and LDL was 91. The other...  Read Full »

Why are palpitations occurring even after pacemaker implantation?

Query: Hello doctor,My 71-year-old father was admitted to the hospital for palpitation occurrence and fast heart beating at 143 beats per minute. He was feeling dizziness in the morning. He was given injections to reduce the heart rate and has taken Holter monitoring for one day. He had previously undergon...  Read Full »

High Blood Pressure: Things You Need To Know!!

Article Overview: High blood pressure is a very common condition with serious consequences if left untreated. This article is aimed at providing basic knowledge about the causes, treatment, complications and prognosis of hypertension. Read Article

High Blood Pressure or Hypertension is a very common and serious condition which if untreated may lead to permanent and often fatal damage to various organs of the body including the heart, kidneys, brain and eyes. Hypertension means the pressure of the blood inside the blood vessels is higher than ...  Read Article