Q. Why is there minor heart pain and palpitations in a 17-year-old?

Dr. Archana

I am 17 years old and I am having a minor pain in my heart. I also have heart palpitations regularly. I exercise regularly and eat healthy. I do not know if something is wrong with me.

#

I can understand your concern and will try to help you sort out your problems. What does heart pain mean? Where is it present? Usually, heart pain does not come where the heart is located. Heart pain causes pain in the inner border of the arm and also radiating to shoulders and jaws. So I do not think your description of heart pain matches it. If you are having left side pain may be due to lungs also. Is the pain varies with breath? If no then it will be musculoskeletal pain only.

Kindly take any analgesic if necessary. Any OTC drugs can be used. Palpitations are common due to anxiety and especially if you feel these pains thinking could be due to heart. Also in your age group palpitations are more common. So I hope you should not worry about it.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|